Nagasaki


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Nagasaki » Nagasaki
December 24th 2005
Published: January 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Nagasaki HypocenterNagasaki HypocenterNagasaki Hypocenter

This is the exact location where the bomb was dropped.
To tell you the truth, I was a little uneasy about going to Nagasaki just because it has a lot of history and …well, I’m American. The first site we went to go see was the Nagasaki bomb hypocenter (the exact location where the bomb was dropped). Afterwards, we went to the museum which was very interesting. We always heard and read about Nagasaki and how the A bomb was dropped there, but who would have known that I would actually go visit the site. At the location of the hypocenter, there was a map showing the areas that were affected by the bomb….it’s not small. I want to say Nagasaki is the size of San Diego but I’m not sure. Nagasaki is definitely a big city and to think that a bomb destroyed the whole thing it’s scary. Ok, I thought the A bomb was a small bomb for some reason…it’s not. It’s the size of a little car…

We found out that Nagasaki has a Chinatown. Of course, being students from China we wanted to go visit it. We finally felt as if we were home in China because we were able to use Chinese to communicate and
Thousand CranesThousand CranesThousand Cranes

People from all over fold thousands of cranes wishing one day all atomic bombs are destoryed.
order food….haha.

Another attraction in Nagasaki is Glover’s garden. Mr. Glover was a rich doctor that helped with the restoration of Nagasaki. His garden was basically the whole mountain side. It had various observatories and we hit all of them. Nagasaki is a beautiful city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Glover's Garden IGlover's Garden I
Glover's Garden I

Yeah I know...it looks fake...
Chinatown!!!!!Chinatown!!!!!
Chinatown!!!!!

Wow...I feel at home....


Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb