Mission to see Fuji San


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Mt Fuji
October 2nd 2006
Published: December 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post


From Kamakura we went to Fuji Yoshida in the hope of at least seeing the most famous sight in Japan. Unfortunately it was a wasted journey as the rain continued and the elusive Fuji San was shrouded in cloud. The hiking season is July and August and sometimes stretches into Sept so we didn't have a hope of conquering it...maybe next time!! We did begin to appreciate the punctuality of Japanese trains. We had to make numerous connections and could, beforehand, have a down-to-the-minute schedule of which trains to get. In fact you could set your watch by them. Incredible....esp for an Irish person!!! Irish Rail could well do with copying the japanese model.
We consoled ourselves with a fantastic onsen, with outdoor baths so I lay there in the warmth with the rain gently splashing on my face. Afterwards we went for yakitori which is grilled meats and very delish.

From there we went to Ito, a hot spring town where we relaxed in onsens also. This is turning into a very unwinding holiday. Ito is nothing special as a town. It is on the sea but the sand is black and amazingly not esp clean by japanese standards.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb