Restaurants


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto
May 15th 2006
Published: May 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Another day of sightseeing in Kyoto is over.

I really like this town. It's got a friendly and peaceful atmosphere to it despite all the people, Japanese and foreign tourists.

The restaurants in Korea and Japan are different from the western ones. How, I will try to cover here...

Tools:
You eat with chop sticks, of course, but scissors may also be used to cut up impossible twines of noodles. Right after you've been seated you recieve a hot and wet towel to clean your hands with.

Bill:
You get the bill right away when you've made your order, or sometimes even before! Whatever you order after that will be added to your bill as you go along. When you have finished, you take your bill and go to the counter (usually by the exit) and pay. I really love this!!! No more waiting to get the bill as you can easily leave whenever you want.

Some restaurants don't even have a bill. Instead you put in money in a machine by the entrance and push the button of the desired dish. You'll then get a ticket which you give to the person at the kitchen counter to place your order.

Menu:
Most of the local restaurants are specialized in a certain cooking and have only one or two dishes on the menu.

Furniture:
If you eat Japanese or Korean style you shouldn't be surprised to be seated on the floor and to be expected to take off your shoes before you sit down.

Drinks:
The drinks served are mostly water or tea. Of course you can get other things, like local beer, but then you go against the norm.

Ok, that's what I wanted to say for now.

Sleepy sleepy....

Nite!

😊

/Magnus

Advertisement



Tot: 0.197s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1624s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb