Kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
September 25th 2008
Published: September 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Went to a costume museum yeaterday morning. This was a room full of 1/4 sized models of Japanese people in traditional wear and playing out a traditional day. It only cost about two pounds each to get in and Kirsty got to dress up in some Japanese clothes for no extra cost.

After this we went to Nigashi Hanganji + Higashi Hanganjitemples. These are pretty, large buildings that are very important in a religious way.

After a laughing cow cheese triangle sandwich lunch we went to Tofukuji temple. This had another really pretty garden and some massive buildings which were very impressive. It had some cool gravel which was raked so it looked like a chess board.

After this we went to Fushimiinari shrine. We got a little lost on the way but a kind little old lady pointed us in the right direction. The shrine was amazing. It had loads of orange/red gatey things in a row to make a tunnel. Apparently the girl runs through them in Memoirs of a Geisha. There were loads of tunnels going right up th hill. This was our favourite thing we saw all day.

For tea we had a dumpling/pie thing( they restore your life in dynasty warriors) each.

Today we are chilaxing. Went to a big department store to look at the English book section, but they were too expensive (about 3-4 pounds more than they should be. The department store was ace, Kirsty was fascinated by the clothes section and she thought the clothes were dead funky and all the Japanese girls were how you expect Japanese girls to be. The electronic section was the best part. So many DVDs and the games section was well interesting (so many games we should have in England but dont).

Just going to sit out on the balcony part of the lounge for the rest of the day now.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



25th September 2008

Well
Ok, I am jealous, looks like Dave has got over his nerves, anf found his career! Travel journalist!! Ha Ha. Glad you are enjoying, and keeping all friends etc up todate and green with envy

Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb