Kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

snakesnakesnake

in the wild
Went to Shosei-en garden (Kikoku-tei) yesterday. It was huge and really well kept. Although me and Dave both want to see what it looks like in March as it is full of blossom trees (pretty and pink). Saw a snake on the wall too which was kind of cute.

After leaving the garden we went to Ichime-Jinja shrine and then found our favourite supermarket. It sells pizzas and burgers (mmmm) everything here tastes so sweet even the tomato sauce we bought for our our meat and pasta was sweet. Japan also has really different tasting crisps. One night I had lemon flavour and the other night baked potato flavour ( these were well nice, had a slight butter flavour) - Dave thinks I should reccomend the flavour to Walkers competion because I like them so much.

After lunch we walked along the river and crossed over the steppong stones ( some of the stones looked like turtles) to explore the other side. We saw two Japanese people walking a racoon on a lead, which we thought was pretty cool and a guy cycling with a dog just sat on his knee instead of in a basket or running next to him on a lead-was quite cool.

This left us exhausted as it was such a long day so we just relaxed with a beer and had the usual Japanese ready meal (ahh such a hard life eh).

We are both really falling in love with Kyoto, Think it is going to be hard to leave. We have only been here for three days now and we have already done so much. Still loads to do-cant wait!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Shosei-en gardenShosei-en garden
Shosei-en garden

kyoto tower in background


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb