kyoto


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
September 20th 2008
Published: September 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


After practicing the London underground we managed to navigate our way round tokyo without too much hassle. Once we got off the train near our hostel a really nice Japanese lady stopped to help us out because we were looking confused. We dropped off our bags at the hostel and went for a walk around the area. everyone around here seems to cycle to get around and they all have baskets
Next day we got the bullet train to Kyoto. The bullet train is very comfy (lots of leg room) and goes at quite a speed. The hostel we are at in Kyoto is well nice, its like a hotel. Its got a roof top terrace for sitting at, a very nice lounge area, a bar/cafe and you get complimentary slippers because you can't where your shoes about the place.

We went for a walk around Kyoto and saw a couple of temples, many vending machicnes including one that sold beer and one that sold yakult. Apparently one also sells wine, we'll try and get a picture in the next few days. Lots of them sell coke but not one sells diet coke. All the machines here talk to you, including the hobs in the hostel kitchen (not that we can understand it). The toilets are amazingly high tech, they feature, powerful deoderiser, b-day, spray, flushing sounds and a seat that warms up and closes slowly so as not to hurt your or make a noise. Also the water that refills the tank is like a fountain at the back that you wash your hands in (very economic). Also the tills automatically dispense the correct change so the shopkeeper doesn't have to add up.

Going to go to a large pagoda and a flea market tomorrow. Should be fun.

Can't find a usb port so will add photos when we hit somewhere where we can.

We are both having a great time.

Advertisement



20th September 2008

oh my gosh u r really in japan!!!
Sounds amazing, i may be jealous now!!!hehe! Can't wait to see the photos! take care, hazel and jai.

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0244s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb