Kyoto, Hiroshima, Fukuoka


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kyoto » Kyoto
April 26th 2008
Published: April 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello

Right ive been quite busy since we last time!

Kyoto

I stayed in Kyoto for three nights and did two full days of sightseeing! The first day i hired another bike and headed to Tofuku-ji temple which was nice! Then went to this place that had thousands of big red gates all in a role! It was strange but incredible!
The second day went to a place called Sango! This is a small ish town with a river runnign through it! On the river there were loads of long old wooden boats! Impressive!
The highlight of the dy was going to the monkey park! They were just running round me! Got lots of phoots taken there!
In the evening i try to go looking for some Geisha with this girl from Israel. We only saw one and she was too quick for a photo! Glad i saw one though!
I left Kyoto the next day nd went to Hiroshima! Im glad i left because it rained!

Hiroshima

I got to Hiroshima and the sun was shining! Good start! First evening there went to a baseball game with these australians! Good laugh, Cheap tickets!
The next day went to Miyajima. This island is so beautiful! It has a shrine in the water that you can walk out too when the tide is out!
Wandered around in the sun and then the stranges thing happened. A group of japanese girls ask me to take a photo but they wanted me in it with them!
I spent about 10 mins getting photos with them all! If im honest i kind of enjoyed it. Felt like a celeb.
After as a i was waiting for the ferry home they all came back! Lots more of them. Im not complaining though. Comes wih having the blonde hair i suppose!

After Miyajima i went to the Hiroshima A-bomb museum, this was a bit overwhelming but well worth the visit as i didnt know the full story behind the bombing and now i do!

I only stayed in Hiroshima for two nights and then travelled to Fukuoka and i will let you know what happens...

Hope you are all doing well where ever you are in the world! I know ive spoken to you already but happy birthday mum! Dont worry ive got you some prezzies!

Chat soon

Love Blair



Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0392s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb