Turnaround Day


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Kanagawa » Yokohama
April 14th 2023
Published: April 14th 2023
Edit Blog Post

2023_Blog 21_Japan



April 10 Port of Call: Yokohama, Japan – Weather: Bright sunny day - 65°F/18°C – Wind: 24 mph.



Today marked the end of the first 14-day journey and the start of the second 14-day leg. Early this morning we entered Tokyo Bay and were docked at the Yokohama International Cruise Terminal by 6:00 am. Starting at 7:30 passengers started to disembark, and that phase was completed by 9:30. Approximately 800 passengers left to be replaced by an equal number. Over the course of the afternoon 800 new guests arrived, were processed by the local authorities, and boarded the ship.

Many guests, like ourselves, have chosen to do the second cruise around the Japanese Islands and so were given the option to stay on board for the day or to venture ashore and do their own thing. B and I opted to venture out and explore a park/garden that borders the harbor that we had spotted when we approached the port by car two weeks ago.

The garden, which was a great use of public space, contained multiple garden beds, which in turn were fill to capacity with flowers, some in full bloom while others were just on the verge of budding out. It was a riot of color, and a feast for our eyes.

The space attracted a great number of the local population who came to view a Flower Exhibition Special that occupied a portion of the park. Groups had been given framed garden plots to plant and decorate as they interpreted the idea of peace.

Before returning to the ship, we walked on the roof of the cruise terminal; it was designed for that very function and provides a great view of the harbor and the ships at the pier.

After lunch we attended another meet and greet of multiple Star Mariners, people who are loyal to Holland America and sail with them frequently.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



14th April 2023

Oh dear. What with rain, fire, covid and all those steps, this does not sound like the best of cruises. But the Japanese info and pictures are grand as usual. Looking forward to the rest of the journey. Enjoy. G&R

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb