Last Ski Day


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido
January 28th 2008
Published: February 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monday 28th Jan 08
We reluctantly got out of bed this morning and went down for breakfast however it seemed like every muscle in our body was just screaming “Go Back To Bed” and even though it is our last ski day, we decided to listen. After a few more hours sleep we got ourselves sorted and went skiing.
Today Donna had her numpty legs on again and wasn’t skiing very well at all (plus she gets self conscious when I watch her) so we decided to split up for an hour or so then meet back at the gondola. Donna hung around the lower mountain whilst I went right to the top for a few black runs before heading over to the Hanazono area for a few more runs, after that I went back top the gondola to meet Donna.
I was about 5 minutes early and Donna was already there, then she told me that she had slipped over and hurt her knee whilst walking into the restaurant. With this news quickly bringing the holiday to an unspectacular end we packed up our skis and went back to the lodge.
We decided that we should go for and onsen (Japanese hot tub) and rest our tiered bodies after the last few weeks of punishment. The trip to the onsen was a story in itself, all I’ll say that it was a mixed onsen and Donna was the only girl amongst twelve men ranging in ages from 18 to 50, oh and did I mention that onsen’s are strictly naked hot tubs.
It was dark by the time we finished our onsen and we were feeling a lot better so we thought that we might give it one last go and head out for some night skiing. It was only minus 10C and the clear skis let the moon shine down on us, it was very pretty and was the perfect end to an awesome holiday.
Tomorrow we start the long journey home, It will take four days of travel by bus, train, plane and car, but it will be good to get there.
/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb