More snow


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hokkaido
January 25th 2008
Published: January 25th 2008
Edit Blog Post

DonnaDonnaDonna

the snow was falling sideways, it was windy and you couldnt se more than 100 meters but we went out any way.
Friday 25th Jan 08
Well with a good overnight fall which continued for most of the day there was some excitement around the breakfast table as we planned our day and prepared to get out there in time for the first lift. I managed to tag along with another family staying at the lodge. They live in Jindabyne near Thredbo so it was safe to assume that they were reasonable skiers. As it turned out they are all expert skiers and took me off into the trees, knee deep in powder and steeper than I could imagine. I only really lasted until about lunch time and by that time my legs had turned to jelly and no matter how hard I tried they would just not work. It was blowing a gale, and the visibility was pretty bad, but it was still a fun morning. I came home to at lunch time to find Donna on the couch watching a movie. Like me she had gone out this morning and found the condition to be crap so she had come back as well.
After the movie we had a late lunch and it looked to be getting a bit better so we went back out to the mountain. Unfortunately by the time we got up to the top the wind was back with a vengeance. At one point it even pushed us backward up the hill, so we bravely headed down the mountain until we got to the bottom only to watch it fine up a bit, so we did a few more runs before calling it a day.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0335s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb