Iwakuni, Yamaguchi


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Hiroshima
October 9th 2005
Published: November 7th 2005
Edit Blog Post

I decided that a day and night of sake fun had to be followed up with a day trip.....destination: Iwakuni in Yamaguchi prefecture. Stacey, Jennifer, Alexis and I took a 45 minute train to our neighbouring prefecture, (to the west) Yamaguchi.

Iwakuni is the home of one of the three famous bridges of Japan. The Kintai Bridge is the major attraction for this small city. It was first built in 1673, but has been rebuilt a few times since. We took a cable car up to see Iwakuni Castle, and walked to a bamboo grove....which turned out to be a parking lot surrounded by a few bamboo trees! We ran out of time, so we couldn't visit the white snakes (a.k.a. albino snakes)....but I can always go back!

A few random moments throughout the day to make it a complete adventure, as always.....there was a man hanging around to perform with a monkey if you gave him 500 yen....there was some sort of air raid siren, most likely from the US air base in Iwakuni....and of course, the race to visit the albino snakes!








Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

hug a tree!hug a tree!
hug a tree!

me, Jennifer and Alexis
Iwakuni CastleIwakuni Castle
Iwakuni Castle

(with another new friend!)


Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 76; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb