After getting off of the Cargo ship ferry adventure, Brad and I headed for some history in Hiroshima.
We walked around Peace park to see the A bomb dome, Peace Bell and the memorial for all of the children who died. We took a moment to ring the bell for peace and then went to the Hiroshima museum and walked around reading the story of Hiroshima and looking at paintings people made depicting some of the horrible things that happened.
Overall a very sad thing to have happened, it was pretty surreal to be standing on the very spot that was once in ruins. The positive thing is that the city is now thriving and there are many new generations of kids coming to the park with donations of paper cranes to leave behind.
Tomorrow our last days in Tokyo before heading home to Venice. Hostel Info Hiroshima: J-Hoppers
* Tons of maps with ideas of what to do in the area
* 10 minute walk to peace park
* 20 minute trolly ride (150 Yen) from the JR station
*100 Yen per 30 minute internet (3 computers)
* Nice Free AC Japanese style rooms
* How to make Origami Crane station (so that you can leave one in Peace park if you desire)
* 500 Yen a day bike rental
* Close to good food
* Washer and Dryer 300 Yen to use
Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0618s; 1; m:apollo w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 2;
; mem: 6.3mb