Kampung Naga in Tasikmalaya, West Java


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia
April 3rd 2012
Published: April 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Kampong Naga is not a kampong inhabited by dragons, because in English, Naga does dragon. Kampong Naga is a kampong which contains indigenous peoples, namely the Naga tribe.

Kampung Naga is located between the city of Garut and Tasikmalaya, West Java. This village administratively located in the village of Neglasari, sub distric Salawu, Tasikmalaya, West Java province. Distance from Garut 26 kilometres and if from tasikmalaya 30 kilometres.

Kampung Naga is located on the edge of the highway that traversed a large buses and trucks. From the highway towards kampong Dragon, I have to down the stairs which was made of stone and cement (in Sundanese is called Sengked). The ladder as far as 500 meters with a slope of 45 degrees. To down the stairs I only takes 5-10 minutes. Not too much like I imagined before. On the way down the stairs I met the River Wulan (River in Sundanese is called Ci, so we calling it Ci Wulan) and paddy fields belonging to the tribal Naga.

Residents of kampong dragon belongs to comply with customs and civilization is inherited from ancestors. In kampong Dragon, no electricity, TV, fridge, rice cooker, or other modern items. According to the beliefs of the community Kampung Naga, by running the ancestral heritage of customs means honoring the ancestors or Karuhun. Everything comes not from Kampung Naga, teachings and karuhun something not done karuhun is considered something of a taboo. If things are done by the community Kampung Naga means in violation of customs, disrespectful karuhun, this is sure going to cause havoc.

Village tourism attraction located on the life of a Dragon is unique from a community which is located in Kampung Naga. Their life can mingle with modern, Muslim communities, but still strong keep the customs of his ancestors. Like a variety of ceremonies, ceremonial days Islamic ceremonies in besr Mulud or Alif with implementing Pedaran (reading of the history of the ancestors) Process began with a bath in the River Ciwulan and tourists can follow the event on the condition that must obey the rules there.

All forms of building in the kampong dragons alike. Be it mosques, houses, barns, or meeting halls. Building forms the platform and its roof made of Palm, metroxylon sagu, leaves or straw. Walls were made of woven bamboo (bilik).The door is made of rattan. All of the buildings in kampong Dragon facing the same direction. I.e. North or South. Very uniform instead.

Residents of Kampung Naga does not allow such goods or modern equipment into Kampung Naga. So if entering the area of Kampung Naga will not hear the sound of a radio, but will definitely hear sounds of insects and frogs when the Sun will set.

For the fruit of the hand do not have to worry, because along the way to Kampung Naga many shops that provide various souvenirs handicrafts Village residents hand Dragon and Tasikmalaya residents are generally very cheap price and with a variety of options.
In kampong Dragon, we could only stay a maximum of 3 days, no more. If you want longer can stay at a hotel or Inn outside the kampong Dragon. The price is also relatively cheap, namely 400,000 thousands rupiah for 1 month.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb