Late one


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Lake Toba
May 31st 2010
Published: June 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Spent another day playing games; badminton, hoopla, pool and shooting hoops. Spoke to a guy at our GH from London who had been working as an Editor on the Jakarta Globe newspaper, seemed a very interesting character. Wandered to Tabo Cottages for my hit of Diet Coke and a few rounds (I say this loosely) of table tennis. Spoke to some kids, had a sweaty photo taken and saw 3 gorgeous Andrex pups.

In the evening a couple put "The Hangover" on so we part watched that while playing chess and dominoes then Rob put on "310 to Yuma" - we haven't had a TV since coming to Sumatra so we're enjoying watching it a bit :p Got chatting to the other couple, John and Jean, who were from London originally but had studied and were still living in Manchester. After films we wandered down to the lakeside where locals were playing guitars and drums and singing very loud and passionately (maybe due to the jungle juice they were slurping which didn't taste too nice). Certain drugs are quite accessible here, they were all smoking weed and magic mushrooms are available and advertised everywhere, restaurants, laundry places, marts. We stayed up talking about travel experiences (they had had some really cool experiences like trekking in Nepal) and our lives back home till the early hours.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 26; dbt: 0.107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb