bukittinggi or bust


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Sumatra » Bukittinggi
March 5th 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So im alive, that nice family let me leave with one of my kidneys. How sweet!

Seriously tho, they let me sleep in a bed for a few hours, fed me breakfast lunch and diner, drove me and helped me book my ticket to bukittinggi, and the brother even waiting for 2 hours with me at the bus station. I offered money but they refused.

Made me think, if i was in that situation, i would totally help out other travelers like that. I dont think the situation will arise much, especially if i stay in Calgayry. who wants to travel there anyways? "and here is a big restaurant that rotatets, heres a crane, and another crane, and a bunch of business men, and oh, an oil company skyscraper! If you get bored of that, we can go to an amusement park that hasnt been up dated in 15 years". hehe.

ok no more calgary bashing right now.

I just got off the bus this, not 24 hours, but 33. it was rather grueling at first, i was kind of scared, the way the bus driver weaved in and out of the on coming lane to pass EVERYTHING, some times barely missing a head on collision with random other busses or trucks. Then i got used to it, sitting in the front seat i could only watch...and i came to realize the drivers, as crazy as they are, are pretty darn talented. They weave seamlessly though the road, and 1 guy drove 24 of the 33 hours.

But now i am here, for a few days, to do NOTHING but find a new book to read, relax and meet and chat up the locals.

Soon, maybe friday night, i got a 15 hour bus ride to danau toba, the little island place in the middle of a lake i was talkin about. Spend some time there, then i have decided to just take an early morning bus to medan, then a ferry to Penang (georgetown) malaysia, in the same day.

Probably gonna roll into phuket the morning of when i meet up with crystal on the 13th. my trip is almost offically 1/3rd over. Been a hell of an adventure so far!!

Cheers

Ty

Advertisement



5th March 2008

yay!
penang is nice.. althought i haven't been there in like 20 yrs! hah! one of the first places we went in malaysia on holiday after moving there. nice beaches, etc. glad you are safe and having fun!!! xo
6th March 2008

xox
We're totally enjoying reading about your adventures Ty....Thinkin' about cha every day and hopeing you stay safe! You're pictures are awesome!! Love ya Ty...Ma and Mr. Banger xox

Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0582s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb