18 May - Pedang Bai to Senaru


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok
May 18th 2013
Published: May 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Travel day today. Up early to have a 7am breakfast for a 7:30am departure.

Short stroll to the ferry (porter took our bags for grab total of $1.50) where we eventually got on and secured an area for the four of us. Technically the ferry trip was four hours. That was fairly accurate, we probably departed at around 8:30am and got into Lombok at 12:30pm.

The problem was that there seemed to be no where for the ferry to pull up and off load, meaning that we sat on the ferry for about another two hours. Not what any of us wanted nor needed!

So at around 2pm or just after we exited the ferry and headed towards the biggest shopping mall on Lombok for lunch and shopping. Grabbed Indonesian take away which was tasty but I wasn't quite sure what I was getting! Think I had fish (careful to avoid bones) and tofu and veges with rice.

From there it was a quick visit to the mall where I sought out an electronics shop to buy a new iPad charger, having bent my horribly somewhere along the way. Ended up buying just the USB to iPad component since I clearly didn't want a European/Asian plug to add to my collection of plugs I will never use again! Then it was a chocolate sundae from Maccas (55c) and back into the mini van for what was supposed to be a two hour drive, but which ended up at closer to three hours, including a lot of night driving on small roads and up and down hills.

Arrived into Senaru at around 7pm. Christina and I had been asking on the trip up here about how much it would cost to upgrade to a room with hot water (the answer was $12 a night) but when we got here they had mistaken the questions for a booking and had sold the standard room to someone else.

So we got upgraded for free which was awesome! So glad as a hot shower was more than welcome after the crappy water pressure in the last place. Put it this way, I would have felt cleaner had I stood out in the rain than under that shower in Pedang Bai. Then it was onto dinner and an early night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.597s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb