Ubud to Gilli Gilli Gilli!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
April 12th 2012
Published: April 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

With Ubud in our sights we said goodbye to our friends at Bali Agung and took our pimped out ride up the hill. We arrived at Villa Mandi to find ourselves in the middle of a rice field, with an onsite Indian restaurant made of bamboo and our very own cow next door. In the intense heat of the hills we took refuge in a games pub where we thrashed out 3 games of ping pong until the sweat dripped from our hard tanned bodies ..... (Greenep-3 Kelly-0)!! David managed to keep both of his flip flops on for another couple of motorbike rides through the mountains but I did hear a suspicious high pitched squeal coming from somewhere behind me ... maye it was the monkeys?!

Our new friend iPong (later known as iPad) kidnapped us from our attempted "quiet night" and thrashed us around in his jeep whilst David yelled "Book it man, just book it!". I was feeling quite relaxed in the back of the open top charged up jeep with no seatbelt! After listening to the local Bob Marley for a couple of hours, chatting to 2 guys who were here to export coffee made from cat shit, smoking Shisha, listening to David play incredible music whilst grown men fell in love with him the owner of the bar said "We're going home. Close the door behind you" - **David and Rachel share a look and a piss of the pants!** It wasn't long before Rach was behnd the bar, our driver was asleep next to us and we finally walked out at 7am - David hugging the full Heinekin keg close to his chest ...all the way home 😊 Brillant!

Gili Islands - how did we not know about this place? No cars, no motorbikes, no one selling anything ... only horses and bicycles and boats ... Oh my?! Two days here and we look feel like natives!! David is playng music for drinks and we both did a photo shoot for a free lunch! David has become quite the athlete, cycling around the island, snorkeling for turtles, kickboxing, and swimming from bar to bar! The saddest thing about this place is that I now have to leave to get back to work .. how will David survive without me?! Let's see how the next blog looks right? David is the most amazing travelling partner and the greastest of friends. My passion for music and photography has been nurtured by his wonderful personality and I am going home with a new confidence and a bigger smile on my face. Thanks David and see you in Oz!



Rachel x


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb