Gili Trawangan


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gilli Trawangan
January 30th 2010
Published: January 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Having just spent 3 weeks on Gili Trawangan i felt the need to write about how beautiful the place is and that I can not wait to come back here. I arrived on the island mid afteroon and was told to head to the Irish Bar / Tir na nog . Off I went in search of the Irish bar and on arrival i went and checked out their rooms. All the rooms are the same size and all came with towels,sheets, hot water and ac. They also had a back up generator for those annoying power cuts.

Gili Trawangan has mainly been a backpackers place for the last 10 years bit this is slowly changing and it now caters for families and couples. It is a fantastic island with great people on it who are all so friendly. I came here to relax so i soon found the beach on Trawangan and maybe not the largest tropical beach that I have been to it was still a great one with blue seas to swim in and a variety of marine life to see. Hiring snorkels is cheap and easy but if you really want to see whats in the sea there are a number of dive operators on the island.

The nightlife I found on Trawangan to be both varied and interesting. There are a number of resturants on the island even an Indian(not great and expensive) but my favourites were Tir Na Nog, Ryoshi (great sushi) and Scallywags (service a bit slow but good value). the nightlife is mainly at Tir Na Nog and Sama Sama but Blue Marlin on a Monday have a party night (techno music) and Rudys on a friday was good fun.

If you have a chance you must go to Gili trawangan.


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0195s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb