Gili Air & Lombok


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gili Air
February 12th 2011
Published: April 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

we had quite long weekend and there's one day off on tuesday, so me and bf decided to have holiday together..

what a tanning holiday!!!!... olala!!
as you can read above, it means we went to beaches area with lot of sun, lights, and seas around us.. wohooo!!

Saturday, February 12nd 2011....
so, we departed from Malang on saturday afternoon- we're almost late like always, then from Juanda airport we took flight which I already booked straight to Denpasar. We arrived around 7.30 pm on Denpasar and heading to the hotel on centre of Kuta area.. at least mon amour will have some ideas what's in Kuta..

we went around and bought sandals (hah!) and stranded in Burger King since we're way too hungry. And I noticed (as always), Kuta still crowded with too many foreigners and drunk.. my my! We tried to enter some bar and pubs, had some very very cheap liquour.. I don't have any idea what they put inside, but it tastes very very sweet and weird! better have more Bintang than those weirdo liquours ;( bored with the bar, we moved out and found another reggae bar.. this one quite nice, but they put too many Bob Marley's songs.. and I noticed they played they same playlist 3 times! what a DJ!!!...

me still want to try some bars and dance whole night, but since next morning we have fast boat to catch very early then we decided to take a cab and back to our room..

Sunday,February 13rd 2011....
I woke up early than Pierre just to take a quick shower but then I fell asleep again, haha! and for sure it's me who wake up late. Since our driver called me and said he's on the way to the hotel, we were in such rush and just took some juices for breakfast. Then we figured out we have to wait the driver about 30 minutes again, ayayay putain! the driver picked us with white minibus and already 3 foreigners inside. And still going to pick another american couple.. BUT, this driver completely (i guess) drunk and pretend to be F1 driver!!.. worse than those motorbike riders in Indonesia.. my god! He passed all the cars and motorbike as if there's nobody on the road and he owns the road.. ggrrrrrr....

but finally he reached the harbour and dropped us first on "Eka Jaya" fastboat office.. there we have to pay 560000IDR for 2 tickets.. and we need to wait awhile till all the boat passengers coming..

this fast boat quite good compared with public ferry which will need 5-6 hours to reach Lombok for 30000IDR. The thing is, this fast boat will land on Lombok first then turn quick to drop the rest of passengers on Gili islands.. along the Lombok strait, there's so many great view of mountains.. and I noticed the only local passengers were only me and the crew.. olala!

then we arrived on Bangsal (Lombok's harbour which close to Gilis) to drop some people and straight continue to Gili Trawangan..

since we arrived in Gili Trawangan (there's 3 famous Gili islands : Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, Gili Air) we already fed up with those people who always offered us so many things with incredibly non-sense price.. especially when they see mon amour as a foreigner and they think he willingly want to pay them as much as they want.. since we're hungry again, we find a restaurant with affordable price (taste not bad) and just have a look around first.. Even the turtles conservatoin there we're not so good, they just put those little turtles as one of tourist attraction.. the fact is, many turtles were sick.. anyway, we didn't want to spend more longer on Gili Trawangan and decided to pay more for the boat to take us straight to Gili Air..

arrived on Gili Air, we take Cidomo (horse carriage) to take us to our cottage on "Coconut Cottage".. it was a great place, but since it's located around coconut trees, beware with your head haha..and with 305000IDR we had a great bungalow with hammock!! finally, hammockk!!!!!...

since the weather is very good and cleat today, we explore the islands and do some snorkeling with mask.. and finally here we find good price and reliable one!.. not that we avoiding expensive price, but sometime you don't need to spend more and more money if you can get the same with less money.. this to figure out the behaviour on spending money though..

we spent the day time with snorkeling and have cocktails on that sunny day, perfect holiday! wohooo.. I'm too lazy to back to the water and want to enjoying the sea breeze so mon amour back alone on the water and swim further this time.. he told me he found sooo many big corals with colourful and weird fishes around.. yay! too bad I didn't join him ;(

want to know more about the island, we walk around this little island and found some interesting spots..
and we passed weird place named Space Bar.. I guess it's used as party place by the night with lot of magic mushroom user haha.. yummmm!!! get ready to halucinate!!..
still continuing walking around the island.. the old lady told us you can finish the island on 1 hour.. well, the fact is it's true we spent about 1 hour haha.. i guess the old lady have better endurance than us,hah!
we thought we'll be on the other side of the island to see sunset.. but we still have 1-2 hours to wait and the sun really hurt our skin! so we back to our cottage to take quick shower.. but for sure we fell asleep hahaha.. and when we woke up, the day already dark and the sun were gone ;( voila, we straight heading to beach side where we were on the afternoon to have some fish for dinner.. yay!

it was a stunning ambience to have dinner on the beach side with calm night sea breeze and warm wind..good music.. and for sure good food.. FISH!!! we ordered some spicy food and Nasi Goreng and grilled Barracuda with lime.. yumm yumm yummmm!!!.. enjoying Bintang and sprite, and used lot of mosquito spray (haha!).. and fell asleep on the sea side cause we're too full hehe.. what a holiday!!!.. then we heading back to our cottage and back to sleep.. zzzzz..zzzzzz...

Monday, February 14th 2011
HAPPY VALENTINE!

that's what he said to me when I woke up in the morning.. I didn't even noticed if it's already Valentine day hehe.. muuaaaaaaaaaah, love you mon amour! we had our quick breakfast and back to do snorkeling again.. this time, we swam further than yesterday but since the wind was quite big, mon amour couldn't show me further like he saw yesterday when he went swimming alone without me..

this time I saw more fishes and more creatures than yesterday, and when we decided to back to the shore, we found sea turtle! yay yaya yayayayayay!!! what a huge turtle!!.. too bad our camera is not made for underwater, and we didn't buy the water-case ;( maybe next time eh??? the best is the turtle.. we tried to touch the turtle and it was a great feeling! hehehe...
finished snorkeling, we had some coconut.. and decided back to our place to pack and get ready on the harbour to reach Lombok..

we took public boat around 8000IDR with mostly locals on it to reach Lombok.. arriving in Bangsal harbour, we took Cidomo to get further to the city and we found taxi..
along our way to our hotel (finally civilization!!), Lombok offered us many many great nature views.. and many huge lizards! our cab stopped in the middle of the road just because a kind of lizard which seems like little Komodo crossing the road, hah! what an island!! then we finally reach our Hotel in Santosa and we tried to enjoy this great hotel as much as we can hehehe..

our hotel located right next to the beach and we decided to walk along the beach to check things out there..
and we noticed this beach area was fulled with fishermen boats and people do surfing.. so we headed back to hotel and decided to swim and enjoying the pool... for sure we also tried to enjoy the sunset from the pool hehe..

finished with the sunset and pool, we went out for some shopping around the hotel.. but all the seller there definetely don't know how to stop offering us.. like hey! We know what you sell and if really want to buy your stuff, for sure I'll come to your store.. just be quite please.. mon amour completely pissed off and we headed to find some dinner.. again, fish!


Tuesday, Februaru 15th 2011
our last day for holiday!!.. we woke up and completely having lazyness time on this good hotel.. but we still have lot of things to do.. shopping! haha..

so then we headed to have breakfast and another swimming time on the pool.. we noticed there were lot of French people on this hotel, everytime they say Bonjour.. Ca va??.. my my!!.. non francaise, l'anglais?? oui!! ggrrrr ggrrr... and on the pool, we met old French Pacman (hah!) and he started to talk lot of things with mon amour while me already burnt with the sun.. uyuyuy!

Finished swimming, we back to our room to get clean and pack. Then we checked out and put our stuffs on the reception..
then we had the most pissing off moment!!.. Pierre tried to take some money from atm and suddenly the machine shutted down cause of no electricity. We both were panic like hell cause the machine took his credit card, putain! I called directly the main office of the bank on Lombok and they come to us (after an hour) to open the machine.. my my! what an experience.. :O this quite wasting our time but well.. shit happens sometimes haha..

right after we ot the card, we straight heading to lunch.. i guess food always help us to reduce our anger, hahaha! kidding!.. after lunch, we back again to the craft shop around the hotel to buy some souvenirs.. buy some pearls for mon amour's mom and my mom.. then straight go back to hotel to take our stuff and wait on the airport..

and finally we're on the plane.. leaving from holiday and back to work again...



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.174s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.085s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb