Gilli Air Lombok


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gili Air
September 23rd 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After quite a painless car and boat trip we arrived from Kuta Lombok to an island off Lombok called Gilli Air. This island had a couple of major differences from most places the first is to Nibby's delight no dogs allowed on the island, and the second no motorised transport all is done via traditional horse/pony and cart. We spent 6 days here.

On our first day it was dedicated to the Sun, we rose at the crack of dawn to watch the Sunrise it was well worth it as it rose over the Volcano Rinjani on mainland Lombok afterwards we went back to bed for some needed rest. The first day was occupied by chilling out and playing computer games and getting ourselves into the leisurely groove, during the late afternoon we took a stroll around the island it took us all of 2 hours and we walked at a snails pace. At the end of the walk we arrived a perfect bar to watch a magnificent Sunset which set over the Volcano Agung on mainland Bali a picturesque moment that we didn't have the camera for. Damn.

On our second day we do not have much to
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok

Matty Kitting Up
report we sat on the beach on Bamboo sunbeds, Nibby bought a really nice necklace and we had a good snorkel just off the beach, Nibby was chasing a Barracuda for a bit and we had a good game of Frisbee.

Thought I better go for a surf the next morning and got up at stupid o'clock got my horse and cart to take me to the surf spot to realise it was as flat as a millpond so turned right around back to the bedroom, Nibby was gonna get up early too and have a run around the island but once I returned she snuggled up and dosed back to sleep. We had a snorkel later right outside our hotel but the tide was getting very low and it made getting in/out very difficult because of the coral and lots of sea erchants. It rained all afternoon so we just hang around playing you guessed it computer games, Nibby also did some drawing.

The following day was the highlight to Gilli Air we booked on for a snorkelling trip where we met a American couple Dave & Jennifer. We stopped at 4 different spots all with really
Gilli AirGilli AirGilli Air

A great photo!!
amazing coral
& sea life. Nibby got up close with a turtle which was really cool, didn't see any sharks but Nibby found an Octopus hiding in the coral by the time she called me over I could only see its arm and the suckers on it but Nibby saw the hole head she was really excited. Nibby also learned how to free dive so she can now get real up close and personal with the sea life I think its the first step to scuba course, please all put a comment on the blog if you think Nibby should give Scuba a try in Australia. In the evening we had a look through the photos we took with Dave & Jennifer, the LCD screen for camera is playing funny games and goes from working to not working but it still takes pictures. We had some more Sunset beers and curries for dinner.

On our last day we had another snorkel with Dave & Jennifer but it was really hard work getting into the water, Nibby's mask was a little too small and was hurting her conk and leaking water. Once we got into current though it was good fun saw more amazing coral and another turtle Matt touched the back of its shell it was very Hard!!! Spent the afternoon sitting by a swimming pool at next doors hotel didn't make the sunset and booked our ticket out of there onto Kuta Bali......




Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Matty FreeDiving
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Turtle in the Big Blue
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Turtle Time
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Turtle Time
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Nibby Freediving
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Going Down!!!!
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Close Up Turtle
Gilli Air LombokGilli Air Lombok
Gilli Air Lombok

Nibby making Friends!!!
Gilli AirGilli Air
Gilli Air

Sunrise
Gilli AIrGilli AIr
Gilli AIr

Matty n Americans
Gilli AIrGilli AIr
Gilli AIr

Mr Muscle!!! in a make shift gym
Gilli AIrGilli AIr
Gilli AIr

The heavy bar


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1825s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb