Gili Air 21-09 - 28/09


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Lombok » Gili Air
September 21st 2017
Published: October 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

After our successful taxi ride courtesy of the most corrupt cop on Gili Gede (Iriwan) we arrived at the harbour and then hopped on a ferry to Gili Air. We said our goodbyes to Max and Teresa and headed off towards our bungalow. It was extremely hot and because we cleverly (not) booked our place on the opposite side of the island to the harbour we had worked up a good sweat walking it with our full backpacks. It was very far from the centre and when we spoke to the manager, Frenchman Jacque, we told him that we won't be extending. That being said the bungalow was pretty awesome. Massive king size bed, private bathroom, aircon, balcony, very very private and an absolute steal of a price (as expected). It was overlooking mango trees and also saw a few HUGE monitor lizards crawling about going about their daily business.

That afternoon we spent walking around the island in search of a same standard bungalow and same price a bit more central. The island was much quieter than Gili T, where we spent some time on holiday a couple of years earlier, and was deserving of its 'honeymoon' reputation as couples were everywhere and it was pretty idyllic. In terms of accommodation- suffice to say we didn't find anything! That evening, Jack drew the short straw and had to eat humble pie to Jacque and extend another 6 nights after telling him we didn't want to. We spent the evening at 'Legend Bar' (reggae bar) and 'chilled' there watching the sunset - standard day!

On the other days we were pretty much the laziest beings on earth. We 'chilled' on our balcony watching the world go by, listening to the horse and carriages riding past and seeing our resident lizards. We went snorkelling on the beach and on our first time at trying saw a turtle. It was a beast and didn't seem to mind us goggling at her/him while they were having some coral for lunch and us trying to get a really stylish GoPro shot.

One evening we were at legend bar again and decided to try the mushroom shakes that we've heard good things about. 1 strong shake each and an hour later we were still feeling pretty sober. After plucking up the courage Char voiced her displeasure at nothing happening and then Jack went up afterwards reiterating the point. Thankfully we got another free (much stronger) one but STILL we weren't high. Oh well! Maybe we've just got a great tolerance....

A few more days topping up our tans, snorkelling, swimming, eating and drinking the time had come to make our way to Seminyak on Bali ready for our friends, Tash and Jet, arrival in a few days time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0795s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb