call me crazzzy..


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Yogyakarta
July 9th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

BUT IM BACK I YOGYA! haha yaay.
we got some cheap flights, it didnt seem worth staying in bali while wishing we were in yogya so here we are.
god. pol got soo effing sick a few days ago. she fainted in a shop and hit her head real bad on the glass cabinet! argh drama. luckily we had bumped into the Aliotis! and they helped us get to the clinic! the whole day was rather disasterous - we went to the monkey forest which was pretty crap. haha id been before, the monkeys were scary. the temples were beautiful though - one esspecially deep into the wet jungle with stream running through it - it struck me as a really spiritual place. we had just finished the monkey forest, but it was raining so hard and all the streets had become flooded so it took us ages to get a car when pol fainted. everyone in the shop just stopped and stared and asked me dumb questions while i momentarily freaked out. again, lucky for the aliotis! the doctors at the clinic sort of hopelessley fumbed about - they had no idea what was wrong with her! gave her more drugs, charged us more money. shes getting heaps better now.
oh i got heaps of my hair chopped off the other day. it was getting annoying so its a nice lil cropped version now, i think i look french. but provincial french. haha
we arrived in kuta the next day, after watching a traditional balinese dance that night. it was really hard to follow as it was more a story told in a really weird dialect but the costumes were amazing. we had an obligatory sess on kuta beach - it was quite pleasant for most of the day. for a while we sat up in the shade with the locals (they HATE the sun but work on the beach) and played with their bubbiiess, including the fattest cutest baby ever. it was obese. they all just plonked their babies down hehe! the sellers were difficult to deter, but its easier when you know some bahasa because they get a shock and hopefully dont see you as such a big potential idiotic buyer.
am i making sense? i feel im not. we stayed in the heartland of aus, poppies lane 2 and it was just like the gold coast and soo loud. our hotel was in the middle of three clubs so my head pounded the next day on the plane to yogya.
the flight wasnt fun - i was actually suprised we lived - the landing was the worst ive ever had - we hit really bad turbulance as we were really close to the ground and had to go back up and circle and then when we tried again everything was shaking, babies were crying, my stomach was turning and the flight attendants even looked scared! so i prayed. (dont worry nan, not to allah... just to some unspecific higher being and she seemed to pull through for me) because we landed and i was really lame and clapped. no one joined me.
and since we've been in yogya everything has been a blur! im staying next door to my old kos, but its heaps nicer only it has a man eating guard dog that wants to pumpel me when i arrive home at 2 in the morn.. and a crazzy landlady who comes into our rooms and shrieks weird sayingss in javanese and then laughs at us looking verrry confused. it was great to catch up with all the aussie girls and indo boys. i missed my bapak dan baru laki-laki bodrex squads!
shall write some more later..
xxx







Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb