Seloliman Nature Reserve


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Pasuruan
May 6th 2018
Published: June 20th 2018
Edit Blog Post

There was some really...interesting entertainment on the train ride to Purwokerto - it was a blend of the cheesiest music videos I've ever seen mixed in with "101 things you can do with xyz" instructional guides. The latter featured helpful advice like how you can make a toothbrush holder out of cds. Or a toothbrush holder out of index cards. Or a toothbrush holder out of a plastic bottle. Or a toothbrush holder out of binder clips. The person making the videos had a serious obsession with his hot glue gun and toothbrush holders (also phone holders). On the plus side, we were all laughing loudly the whole trip.

The Seloliman Nature Reserve is an NGO, primarily oriented to teaching locals sustainable farming approaches. It was reallllly peaceful, and we got to spend a lot of time exploring the village nearby which was a nice change after being in bigger cities.


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Fish ponds on the train to PokwertoFish ponds on the train to Pokwerto
Fish ponds on the train to Pokwerto

It seemed strange that they use fishing poles to catch the fish in tiny man-made ponds...
Random mosque from the roadRandom mosque from the road
Random mosque from the road

The mosques here are much more elaborate/colorful than I expected or have seen elsewhere (this one isn't the most unique/large...just happened to get a picture)
Local mosque, proudly displaying its megaphoneLocal mosque, proudly displaying its megaphone
Local mosque, proudly displaying its megaphone

Really started to grow fond of the 4am call to prayer. Most days.


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 21; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0746s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb