Gunung Bromo


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Mount Bromo
September 23rd 2008
Published: October 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Gunung Means Volcano... big steaming sulphurous volcano...

After a 10 hr minibus ride we took a quick nap, from 10pm to 3am, then up again to catch the sunsise over Bromo. We reached the top by 4x4 driven recklessly through narrow passes and steep switch backs! it was a race to the top as each tourist company runs the same trip offering the sunrise 4x4 package hoisitng trourists up the mountain to see sunrise each morning. When we got to the top we shared the views with about 200 other tourists! We met a German couple who said they got to the volcano around noon and they were the only ones there!

But a sunrise is a great time for photos and Gunnar got some great shots... I held the lenses... and his leg as he was perched on top of a railing over a 10 meter drop.... Stupid Gunnar...

After sunrise we took a walk up to the mouth of Bromo (Bromo is the smaller of the two volcanos while Semeru is the larger one @ 3676 meters) There was a long stair case up so when we reached the top we were a little outta breath... all we got was sulphurous gas back in return!! smells like rotten eggs and it burns the lungs... yum.

then down we went again




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.063s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 5; ; mem: 1.1mb