Cibinong, Indonesia Madrasa (Islamic School)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Jakarta » Kepulauan Seribu
December 11th 2012
Published: December 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

New Friends 2New Friends 2New Friends 2

These young ladies were so cute and charming! The girl in the middle worked very hard to speak English with me and then told me she was getting "dizzy" trying to speak so much English!
The conference here in Indonesia is going well and we are getting at the initial phases of the cooperative projects that will be undertaken early next year by U.S. and Indonesian Army personnl to help improve the lives of the youth in this area. We went out and conducted site surveys of the proposed construction projects and across the street from one of the sites is a Madrasa, or Islamic School. I asked one of the Indonesian Police Officers who was escorting us if I could take pictures of the school. She said it would be no problem, and she took me onto the Madrasa grounds to introduce me to the headmaster of the Madrasa. It is always refreshing to know that no matter I go in the world teens are teens and the are naturally curious about foreigners, especially when Americans come around. These kids were so warm and genuine and were excited to be able to try the English that they have been studying. I must admit most of them spoke MUCH better English than I do Bahasa. We just have a couple of days left here and I look forward to getting out to see a little bit more of the Jakarta area. I've attached some of the pics I took of the students at the Madrasa.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Neighborhood PoliceNeighborhood Police
Neighborhood Police

Watching over the area to ensure our safety, but mostly just curious about what we are doing.
Miguel and Officer ArieMiguel and Officer Arie
Miguel and Officer Arie

Officer Arie spoke pretty good English and was our guide to the area and the school.
ShyShy
Shy

I love this pic even the girls were shy to turn to my camera.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb