Borobudur & Pramabanan (08 Sept 2010)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Java » Borobudur
September 9th 2010
Published: September 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We woke up at 6.30 in the morning... this doesn't happen very often since the start of our trip so it is good to mention it. There was a very good motivation behind this. The temples of Borobudur and Prambanan!!!

We stepped in a mini bus full of dutch eating candies and started with the temple of Borobudur. Borobudur is the largest Buddhist temple in the world and is a UNESCO site. This site was in a very bad condition but the Indonesian Government with UNESCO have decided to refurbish the place from 1975 to 1982. It is now the number 1 attraction of Indonesia in terms of visitors!!! The views are totally amazing and made us take more then a 100 pictures...

A few hours later our mini bus dropped us in front of the Prambanan Temple. The Prambanan temple is the biggest Hindu Temple in Indonesia and also a UNESCO site. Arrived on the site, we just had the time to take some pictures before it started to rain very heavily. We had to hide into 1 of the temples and were hoping it would stop.... it didn't!!! So we started running through the path that already changed into a river to go back to the Mini Bus... we had umbrellas but that didn't help because it was raining from beside and from beneath us... at the end we were soak wet.

On the way back to the hotel, roads were totally covered with water and cars got stuck in the middle of it which was making a huge traffic... Luckily we arrived well at the hotel and had a nice warm shower!!!

Today, we are leaving Yogyakarta and are going with the train to Surabaja to celebrate Idul Fitri (celebration for the end of the ramadan) at a friend's house.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Mendut & Pawon TempeMendut & Pawon Tempe
Mendut & Pawon Tempe

Oldest Hindu Temple in Indonesia


9th September 2010
Borobudur

Super aventure !!!!!
Chers Antoine et Manuella, Quelle superbe aventure! C'est une occasion unique de non seulement voyager aussi longuement mais egalement de pouvoir partager vos photos et souvenir. Bonne chance a vous deux. Et si vous voulez une adresse a Perth...la soeur de Lynn est la et vous accueillerait sans probleme. A vous lire....Pierre
13th September 2010

Merci Pierre! Normalement on devrait passer a Perth en Decembre donc ce serait en effet sympa davoir une famille daccueil sinon pas de soucis. On ce debrouillera. Kiss a la famille Sud Africaine!

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0336s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb