Bali Safari Park (22 Aug 2010)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
August 22nd 2010
Published: August 28th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Bali Safari ParkBali Safari ParkBali Safari Park

Temple and some rice terraces
8AM... My friends Florent and Menur try desperately to wake me up by sending phone messages to go and see a Animal Park called Bali Safari... We are not soo much fund of seeing animals closed up in cages and I had a quick look at Manuela which was still in a veeeery deep sleep so I tell them to go without us... they continue to persuade me to go because it is a park and not cages etc... I have to stop replying on the sms to find peace again.

10.30AM... Manuela wakes up... and I explain her the situation that I am facing since 8AM. We decide to send them an sms just to check if they are eventually not gone yet to join on the trip. They were on their way but came back just for us! Flo drives this amazing Jeep that you see in the Vietnam war movies. It looks extremely cool but has some technical issues such as fuel smell that gives you a headache, no suspensions or... sometimes... no lights during evening...

After a 1hour drive we finally arrive and are informed that the entrance is quite more expensive then we were told before during the sms arguments earlier that day. We cannot go back so we enter with a few less hair on our head.

Luckily we had an excellent day with lots of laughs and are really pleased that we came... We have been on the Safari Tour and have seen many wild animals such as lions, tigers, elephants, etc from very close. The highlight of the day was probably taking a picture with a baby white tiger even though it looked quite sad because he is probably getting touched by thousands of tourists every day and does nothing else...

On the way back, we see some huge kites in the air!!! Impressive...




Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Bali Safari ParkBali Safari Park
Bali Safari Park

The sumatran elephant. Smallest elephant on earth.
Bali Safari ParkBali Safari Park
Bali Safari Park

Little white tiger
Bali Safari ParkBali Safari Park
Bali Safari Park

Big white tiger
Bali Safari ParkBali Safari Park
Bali Safari Park

Manu turning into an elephant
Bali Safari ParkBali Safari Park
Bali Safari Park

Me turning into a giraf
Bali Safari ParkBali Safari Park
Bali Safari Park

Head of a Barong
Bali Safari ParkBali Safari Park
Bali Safari Park

In front of the pirahna aquarium after a total destruction of a chicken. You can see the bones left.
On the road backOn the road back
On the road back

Huge kites flying in the air
On the road backOn the road back
On the road back

An idea for you about roads in Indonesia.
On the road backOn the road back
On the road back

A guy crossing the highway with all his ducks.


Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb