Tour of Bali (18 - 20 Aug 2010)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
August 20th 2010
Published: August 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Sanur Sanur Sanur

Barong Dance
Very complicated wake up this morning but the start of a 3 day trip through all the extraordinary hidden places of Bali.

We would use the Sri Ratih Cottages in Ubud as home due to it's central location on the island and because Ubud is the cultural village of Bali and has plenty to offer also.

Our driver, Wayan Swann (+6281337072015), is a good friend of mine and I truly recommend him for your future tours in Bali. He is local, speaks perfectly english and is a real passionate about his island. He will bring you to undiscovered places by tour operators and will try to find different things to see instead of only temples or rice fields... The best!!!

He brought us to a Barong Dance close to Sanur which represents the eternal battle in between the good and the bad.

Then drove us on our first day North through Ubud to visit the Tegenungan waterfall and the Gunung Kawi Temple, which is in the middle of amazing rice terrasses and all kind of tropical greenery. The specificity of this temple is that huge scultures have been carved into the stonen walls.

Further North, Batur
TegenunganTegenunganTegenungan

Tegenungan waterfall
and its volcano and lake. He drops us into an indonesian restaurant in the small village of Kintamani offering a large buffet and... the most spectacular view on the whole valley!! All this for only 5 euro per person...

Back south direction Ubud we stopped at the temple of Tirta Emaul. The specificity of this temple is that people come here to clean themselves from their mistakes into holy water and fountains. It heals also from black magic sorcelery.

We went East on the second day and visited Bedugul with its lake and temple Ulun Danu which is the highest in Bali and encircled by the lake.

He drove us through the rice terrasses of Jatiluwih and decided to bring us to a waterfall and hot springs somewhere in the middle of the jungle where good roads become very hard to find.

On the way back we stopped at a very last temple called Luhur Batukau which is also positionned in the middle of nowhere's land.

Third day was a visit of Ubud and a well deserved massage!!! Life is good!!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Gunung KawiGunung Kawi
Gunung Kawi

Bridge over small river to reach the temple
Gunung KawiGunung Kawi
Gunung Kawi

Sculpture in stonen walls
Gunung KawiGunung Kawi
Gunung Kawi

Rice terrasses
KintamaniKintamani
Kintamani

View from restaurant on Mount and lake Batur
Tirta Emaul TempleTirta Emaul Temple
Tirta Emaul Temple

Holy water fountains
TegalalangTegalalang
Tegalalang

Amazing rice terraces
Ulun Danu TempleUlun Danu Temple
Ulun Danu Temple

Highest temple in Bali. 11 levels.
JatiluwihJatiluwih
Jatiluwih

Wayan our driver and friend
UbudUbud
Ubud

Murni's warung


Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb