Nusa Lembongan, Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
September 10th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Matty First Dive 30 secs
Decided after another week of Kuta Bali action we needed to stretch our legs again and see what different places where like, so we took the bus and then boat to Nusa Lembongan an island just off the East coast of Bali. When we arrived Matt & Mat went for a surf at breaks called Shipwrecks and Playgrounds when they got back both had cut up feet and Matt B had coral stuck in the bottom of his board, a bit too shallow!!! Nibz chilled out with Leisa by the lovely swimming pool overlooking the sea.

The next day consisted of a long oversleep before finding a Scuba Diving school, some cooking of our bodies by the pool and reading before watching a beautiful sunset. It was our last dinner with Mat & Liesa so we went to a local Warung and dined with Indonesia's finest Bintang!!!! After dinner our hotel was playing Michael Jackson History II on the big screen and we sat here with Brian the owner and more Bintang.

Day 1 of the diving course with a mild hangover good job for the first 3.5 hours all I had to do was sit and watch a video, this was followed by a little reading and then exams which of course were passed with flying colours, once all completed we jumped in a boat to the beginning pontoon and jumped in with both feet to put into practice the theory just learned. It was amazing breathing underwater is so easy the sensation of your ears popping is no worse than an aeroplane and under there the fish don't seem as scared as when you snorkel with them. The instructor got some great photos and video with our trusty Olympus. Nibby hung out all day by the pool and said final farewells to Mat & Lesia.

Dives 2 & 3 of my diving course started equally as early in the morning as the first day, didn't take the camera tho going beyond its capabilities went to 21m and 20m on the dives just missed out on seeing the Maula Maula (Giant Sunfish) bit gutted about that! One of the dives was a strong drift current so you just floated along at about jogging pace watching the sea life pass you by. Nibby had a long lay in and had not been up all that long when I got back. In the afternoon we hired a motorbike and went for a cruise around the island and on to the next island linked by a rickety old bridge. Found some picturesque scenes overlooking the sea from the cliff tops, before heading right to the North of the island for a Sunset dinner and a pretty cool view of Ganung Agung Bali over the sea, we had a local fish to share it was BBQ'd on coconut shells and was beautiful.

Dives 4 & 5 got up real early again, both dives where with the owner Ruudy went to 21metres for over 30 minutes on the first dive saw a lobster and a HUGE purple clam. Both dives where drift dives again and the water was crystal clear even at maximum depth. This was the end of my course and I am now a qualified Scuba Diver. In the afternoon we hung by the pool again before an evening of nosh Bintang and an early night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Nusa LembonganNusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan

Matty On Dive 1
Nusa LembonganNusa Lembongan
Nusa Lembongan

Matty on Dive 1
LembonganLembongan
Lembongan

A real Blue Bay
LembonganLembongan
Lembongan

Us by the sea
LembonganLembongan
Lembongan

Us and Ganung Agung Bali
LembonganLembongan
Lembongan

Our fish cooking on the cocunuts


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb