Indonesia - Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
May 12th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I arrived in Bali on Thursday 26 April after a flight from Phuket to Kuala Lumpur and, after a 2 hour stopover, a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Bali. I eventually reached my hotel at 8pm and was asleep by 9.30pm. After a much needed 12 hour sleep, I walked around to explore and to find somewhere nicer to stay. The next 6 hours of the afternoon were spent shopping, walking along the beach and getting a general feel for the place. That evening I stayed in and watched DVDs. On Saturday morning, I checked into a nice hotel with a great outdoor swimming pool. In the afternoon, I had a well needed massage at the hotel before relaxing by the pool. After watching two football matches that evening in my room, I went out at midnight to see what the nightlife was like. After getting home at 4am, I had 6 hours sleep before getting up for breakfast and then spending the day by the pool. After relaxing in my room, I went out at 11pm for a couple of hours and a few drinks. On Monday, I spent a few hours by the pool before going for a long walk and doing some window shopping. That evening, I stayed in and watched DVDs while waiting for Ian to arrive from Bangkok. We had dinner at the hotel before having an early night. A similar story on Tuesday, I spent a few hours at the pool before relaxing in our room for the rest of the afternoon. After going out for dinner, we returned to the room to watch DVDs while waiting until 3am for the Liverpool Vs Chelsea game to kick off. On Wednesday, we walked around the shops and the beach for a few hours before relaxing in our pool/jacuzzi at the hotel. In the evening, we went out drinking and spent most of the night in Bounty whilst also going to M Bar Go where we watched AC Milan Vs Man Utd. Once again, on Thursday we had a lazy day by the pool and did a lot of reading. After dinner we stayed in and watched DVDs. On Friday morning, we hired a taxi for the day and our driver took us to Ubud. After the 90 minute drive, we arrived in Ubud at Monkey Temple. We spent a couple of hours walking around the grounds surrounded by monkey's. We then walked around the small town of Ubud for an hour. Our driver then took us to a restaurant for lunch where we sat outside on a balcony overlooking a volcano and a lake - nice setting!! We were half asleep on the return 2 hour journey home and we got back to the hotel at 5pm. Friday night was spent exclusively at Bounty and we stayed there until 3am. I got to sleep around 5.30am and didn't wake up until midday. Saturday afternoon was spent by the pool and relaxing in the room. In the evening, we watched football in our room and ordered room service for dinner. At 10pm, we got a taxi to Seminyak and went to an upscale bar on the beach called KuDeTa. After a couple of drinks, we looked around Seminyak before getting a motorbike taxi back to Kuta where we went to Bounty. When this closed at 3am, we got two motorbike taxi's to take us to a club called Double 66. We stayed there until 6.30am before getting a motorbike taxi back to our hotel. We woke up early on Sunday afternoon and spent the day at the pool. After dinner, we checked out at 9pm and got a taxi to the airport for our flight to Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.214s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb