We're here!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
January 29th 2007
Published: January 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone;
This will be a short message -- I just spent 45 minutes writing a detailed one out that got lost when the internet abruptly shut down. (Arghh!) The technology seems a little unpredictable.

Bali is amazing. the flight here was great -- after about 6 hours you shut off your mind and just get into the zen of it. we arrived in Bali at 3pm Friday (about 2am friday your time -- there's a 13-hr time difference and we're ahead of you).

Mira met us at the airport just as planned, and we drove together to our guest house in Ubud. It's lovely -- a little rustic by cdn standards, but really nice. breakfast cooked for us in the morning, each room with a private bath. The shopping is amazing, and the spas increadible. Had a 90-minute massage followed by bath (flower petals, the whole works) for $11.50us. wilda enjoyed a pedicure for about $8.

Our friends debra and her daughter April just arrived (it's currently 3:30 pm saturday) and will be here for the balance of the week. We';re going to a cremation ceremony tomorrow which is a great honour for foreigners -- thanks to Mira's friends.

I can't do it justice in this short message, but suffice to say it's unlike any place we've ever been before. the people are lovely, very gentle and friendly. the food is generally good, and it's going to be an amazing week.

thanks to Pat for trying to get our webblog working --hopefully I'll be able to get it going soon. In the meantime, just wanted to let you all know we're fine and having a great time!

Love to all, and we'll write again soon,
sandi & Wilda


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb