A Balinese Christmas


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali
December 19th 2019
Published: December 22nd 2019
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

A Balinese Christmas


Welcome to another Ken and Jenine Adventure in Bali Indonesia. We are excited that for a portion of the trip, Ken’s daughter Paige is joining us!

I am going to put several days into one, as the flight to Denpasar, Bali is long and with time changes does span 3 days. One thing that was very odd, was that we left at midnight on Tuesday, December 17, a time where we are normally snoozing in our comfy bed. The first leg was to Hong Kong, and clocked in at a hefty 14.5 hours. We arrived at 6am on Thursday, December 19 and had 4.5 hours to find our way around the massive Hong Kong Airport. The next leg to Bali was 5 hours, so after approx. 24 hours of travel we landed in Bali.

Paige had arrived the day before and had settled into the Grand Hyatt on Nusa Dua, enjoying a beach club, yoga and massage all before we arrived. By the time we got our luggage (which took 45 minutes, no fun), met our Hyatt driver and drove 30 minutes to the hotel, it was 530, even though we had landed at 3pm. The sun was out, the humidity high and at 90 degrees, we were more than ready for some pool time.

The Grand Hyatt is very serene, with beautiful grounds and pools that wind amongst lava rock formations. Luckily this year, I qualified for the top Hyatt tier, so we also had access to their beautiful Hyatt Club, where we enjoyed complimentary snacks and drinks in the evening and breakfast in the morning. We did a stop there before the pool, then floated off those long flights.

For dinner, we were not very adventuresome and just hit the regular café, which did feature some yummy local favorites of Beef Randang (similar to a curry), as well as non-local spring rolls and samosas. Then it was time for bed and sleep, which felt long overdue!

Advertisement



22nd December 2019

Great plan!
Love this blog idea! Seems like we are somewhat close to you here in Vietnam- will follow along!
24th December 2019

So Close!
Hi Shannon! I have been following along on your travels via FB. Looks like an amazing trip....so wonderful to be with the family in such a cool country.
22nd December 2019

Great plan!
Love this blog idea! Seems like we are somewhat close to you here in Vietnam- will follow along!
22nd December 2019

Great plan!
Love this blog idea! Seems like we are somewhat close to you here in Vietnam- will follow along!

Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb