Bali Paradise


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
April 17th 2006
Published: April 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We are near the end of our trip and have now entered the land of mystical gods, white sand beaches, and thousands of temples galore - we are in Bali. The hotel we are staying at is absolutely gorgeous. I think it's the best value we have ever reserved. Uma Ubud, is situated about 3 km from the center of Ubud city and is sorrounded by lush tropical forests and a river that runs throughout the city. We just went on our morning walk through the rice fields and saw the villagers way of life. On the streets of Ubud, there are huge manholes on the sidewalk, and one of the older guests from the hotel fell into the hole and cut up his leg pretty badly. It brought shivers down my spine just looking at the blood gushing out of his shin. eek! makes me sick thinking about it. i'm going for a swim in the hotel pool. i will write again soon. maybe when we're back in SF.

There's more about this later, but we also went to the monkey forest sanctuary, where hundreds of monkeys chill out and steal food from the tourists. We brought a bag full of rombutan (an indonesian fruit) and on the way into the sanctuary one of the monkeys totally mugged me (Jason). He saw the bag, charged me, grabbed the bag and my pants leg and started pulling. Scared the crap out of me. Later we learned that they don't actually bite or attack, they just try to steal (non violent crime in the monkey forest). Anyway, here's a picture of Cyn with some of the monkeys. A lot more pictures, and some videos, to come soon.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb