Monkeying Around From Hong Kong to Ubud


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
June 16th 2009
Published: June 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got here all good just were really tired- thats what 4 hours sleep in 72 hours does to you though I suppose!

The flight to hong kong was great and I def want pampering on all flights in the future! Skinner watched a film called 7 pounds and cried....

Hong Kong is probably the hottest place we have ever been, and it is just as hot at night as in the day ! We Looked around the city and markets and then took a ferry to the other side of the water at sunset. As the sun went the skyline was really stunning with the bright lights of the skyscrapers (actually massive!!) in front of the dark mountains behind. Shame the Symphony of Light didnt make it even better, but the view stood for itself...

We went for a vietnamese and ordered a soup for A and Noodles for Tiff. Both were big enough to feed both of us !! On top of that we got some Stuffed chicken wings and Some steamed rice. We thought the waitress was looking at us a bit funny ! There was enough food to feed all you lot too probably !!

Anyway after a long long wait at the airport we eventually got on a plane to bali. We got a taxi up to the place we're staying in it took quite a bit longer than we thought it would. Aparently bali is the same size as linconshire, whilst I knew this I don't actually know how big linconshire is so was a bit surprised to be driving for so long!

Then we got to the hotel and were given cold towels and a really nice welcome drink before being shown to our rooms. Which have a great view of the rice fields next door from the balcony (and the toilet good for me (skinner).

It also had a 4 poster bed and an awesome pool. There were lots of Statues around and also lots of Farm ducks which are a bit strange hearing at night, its like being down Matlock park !
Thats such a lie about matlock park- it is a bit mental though, the crickets are really loud too and I (tiff) nearly trod on a massive frog last night which gave me a bit of a jump!

We went into Ubud the next day, and walked down the main street and into the monkey forest, we went to a local place and got lunch for a pound each (and yes dad we're still living wonderfully comfortable even though we're being cheap skates!) it was well nice food too!

The next day we headed for Lovina on the the bus (just a car so it turned out), and we headed over the mountains stopping off for a quick look at a Hindu temple and a waterfall. Tiff bought a lovely Sarong and I got the Bintang T Shirt I have wanted since I got here haha.

This morning were up at 5.15 AM (you lot were just going to bed) and got canoes into the ocean to watch the dolphins at sunrise. Really awesome but lots of boats all chasing them, we both thought it was a bit sad for the doliphins...

Andy is getting used to the currency and Tiff keeps getting confused. Skinner now thinks anything over a pound is expensive... tight.

We are getting picked up by our next hotels driver today and heading to Tulumban where we will be doing a scuba dive tomorrow at a Wreck. All exciting and I (Skinner) am bound to be scared of anything bigger than a Nemo. haha.

We have been trying to get photos on this for about an hour and it hasnt worked so we will try again when we get some faster internet.

Hope you are all well...

Love Skinner and Tiff

xx



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Searching for Dolphins at Sunrise in LovinaSearching for Dolphins at Sunrise in Lovina
Searching for Dolphins at Sunrise in Lovina

We did find them but they are bloomin hard to take good pictueres of...


21st June 2009

mokeying around...
hi son, glad u r having a good time - looks nice - enjoy ! lok forward 2 you sending another blog - luv dad karen and charlotte xxx

Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb