It's true what they say about peels.....


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
September 16th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello Hello!!!

Well today was quite an adventure, as we woke up to the sounds of roosters and dogs a plenty! I must say the ear plugs we brought along re coming in very very very handy!

We were treated to wonderful breakfast, which was followed by us being asked to leave our wonderful homestay 😞 Apparently the lady who let us stay didn't realize the room was booked from today on, so we had to leave. heartbroken with our bags packed we ventured about 20 steps to the next place, which is larger, but has a pool and wonderful view of the jungle valley. The room is simple, but the Bintang continues to flow nicely, so really, we aren't complaining.

After a lazy morning of lying about and reading, we decided to venture. Probably not the brightest move at the heat of the day, as we almost roasted like pigs on our walk. We did however enter teh glorious monkey jungle! WHAT EXCITEMENT!!!

First off let us say, that the monkeys are cute and everywhere. We bought some bananas, which had them climbing all over us like we were fruit to flies. One even jumped up on JM's arm and ate his banana right off his shoulder. how cute!

The temples in the forest were amazing, and the detail in the rock was extremely impressive. We did learn however that what they say is true, banana peels are very slippery, as we navigated our way through the walks.

JM has also learned that sunburns also peel, as he is quickly showing his lizard like skills with the shedding of skin on a very quick regular basis. gross!

Last night we also went to the traditional dance in a the palace for the full moon, which actually still has some of the royal family living in it. It's absolutely stunning to see the dancing, fire and instruments to the backdrop of a huge temple.

It's evening now, and the weather is finally cooling off some. We are heading out quickly here in search of Bintang and reggae, as there is a reggae bar here that has a live band on Tuesday nights. WHOO HOOO.

Tomorrow will be more lounging around, as we are sure the heat will only increase as we enter into wet season, meaning the humidity will continue to rise. Good thing we have a pool now!

More soon as we look at more temples, and monkeys.

Much love
Shanon and Jean-Michel



Advertisement



18th September 2008

OMG!
omg shannon! this is awesome! The Temples eh? What kind of Temples are they? Who are they supposed to be built to worship? I'm glad that you guys are having such an awesome time! I'm so envious that you're on this awesome adventure! :) Maybe once I'm done school I'll do that, in the meantime it's Riviera Maya in March for me! :)

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb