Beautiful Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Ubud
April 18th 2007
Published: April 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've now spent 8 days in Bali, as we arrived here on the 10th of April. We were picked up by an old friend of ours, who used to be married to someone in Canada and moved back to Indonesia about five years ago, Tata. He greatfully showed us a few hotels around Ubud untill we picked a nice one (well Jamil, Samir and I think it's good because it has a swimming pool, that's about all we look for).
Our first full day in Indonesia was a great one, we went to a monkey forest, you wouldn't believe how many monkeys we saw! Another day, we went on this long, long walk with a view of Ubud and lots of rice fields. Thursday we rented a car and drove to a volcano which apparently was either dormant or active. Thankfully it didn't explode while we were there!
Then we spent the whole Saturday at a waterpark that was almost exactly like splash down, and we had an awesome time there! They had lots of slides and little pools too.
Yesterday we went to Bali Bird Park, a huge exhibit and filled with birds from all over
" I'm the king of the stone!"" I'm the king of the stone!"" I'm the king of the stone!"

Just one of the monkeys in the forest. I guess that's why they named the street "monkey forest road."
Indonesia. That day we also went to a temple right next to the ocean and amazingly saw about three people handleing their pet python and more amazingly we actually held it ( we're definitely getting braver on this trip!)and, just so we could write on the blog, took a picture. That was probably the highlight of the week!
Today we're just swimming at the hotel pool 'cause Jamil isn't feeling very well. Anyway, more later! From Alia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Hot but Happy!Hot but Happy!
Hot but Happy!

On our long walk-the most humid I've ever felt.
Mount BaturMount Batur
Mount Batur

The name of the volcano we drove to. It would have been a better view if it had been a nice day!
Bali Bird ParkBali Bird Park
Bali Bird Park

Okay, don't ever try putting a cockatoo on your head-it hurts!
Waterbom!Waterbom!
Waterbom!

Samir and I in front of the Lazy River (tropical plants are not imported!)
We really are braver in Bali!We really are braver in Bali!
We really are braver in Bali!

It's only a python, it's not like he can eat you whole and spit out your skeleton, right?!


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb