A Luxury Trip Doesn’t Have to Be Expensive - Here’s How You Can Afford It


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
December 21st 2016
Published: December 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Most of are used to looking at luxury trips – those where we’re pampered to the max – as expensive or rather unaffordable. While this used to be true a few years ago, the travel industry has evolved a lot and is now offering everyone the chance to enjoy that same level of pampering, even when they’re traveling on a budget. There are a few secrets to keep in mind if you want to have a luxury, yet affordable, trip.


Know When to Splurge



The first secret to enjoying a luxury holiday without breaking the bank is knowing when to splurge. If you only have two days to spend, for example, there is no point in going on a long-haul trip and paying more in travel expenses; sticking with destinations closer to home is the best option in this situation.

The destination you choose is just as important. Take Bali for example. You can enjoy the same level of pampering without ballooning your travel expenses by choosing to visit Legian instead of Seminyak or Nusa Dua. The same secret can be applied to other destinations too. Try searching for areas within 1 KM of the main attractions and the cost of your holiday will go down dramatically.

Of course, you can also use services such like Shire Shuttle Bus instead of a taxi or a rental when you need to travel to and from the airport or when you want to visit attractions. You can enjoy the best local cuisine by researching for 5-star restaurants that have special offers or bargain prices. Do your homework and you’ll be able to save more along the way.

Stick to a Brand (or Brands)



Loyalty programs can help you be a luxury traveller for much, MUCH less. When you consistently fly with Qantas or Singapore Airlines, for example, you’ll start getting free upgrades and double mileage points for being a loyal customer. You will also get access to their executive lounge for free. These seemingly small benefits are actually worth a lot. More importantly, they can transform your holiday experience entirely.

Helping our readers enjoy the best Marriott experience at properties like the JW Marriott Venice is also part of the reason why we started this site in the first place. Sticking to Marriott hotels whenever you travel will open up doors to a wealth of bonuses, special offers and discounts.

Look for Packages and Tours



The last secret to keep in mind is to always look for packages and tours before making a reservation. Travelling in a group can help you enjoy the best amenities at a group rate. You’ll be saving up to 40%!o(MISSING)n travel expenses – sometimes even more – just by joining a packaged tour.

Alternatively, you can travel with colleagues or relatives to get the same set of benefits as traveling in a large tour group. You’ll be able to find more group deals and special offers when you travel with a minimum of three or four companions.

Now that you know how to enjoy a luxurious trip for less, it is time to apply these secrets and plan for your next holiday. You’ll be surprised by how much more you can get for a small amount of money.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.426s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb