Sarah and Dave's Wedding Bliss *Bali Style*


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
September 30th 2009
Published: October 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Kunja Villa Chapel-BaliKunja Villa Chapel-BaliKunja Villa Chapel-Bali

We were very sweaty but very very happy!!!!
The beautiful wedding of Dave and Sarah started off a bit cloudy in Bali. Something we did not expect for the season in late September but with the Typhoon and earthquakes near by, we figured the weather might try to act up a bit. The hot sun did eventually make it's way out from behind the clouds and shone brightly for the ceremony. We had to take a cab about 15 minutes away from our little area/villa to another absolutely breathtaking villa. Inside the villa stood a gorgeous glass chapel where we sat to enjoy the wedding.

Sarah was stunning and Dave so handsome it was beautiful. Since the wedding was to be done in Bali, the ceremony was 1 hour in length. They did a catholic ceremony, said their vows, kissed each other...then took a picture with the priest. Honestly I thought they were going to walk out, but instead they turned back around and knelt in front of a Balinese woman who went through the Balinese ceremony!!! Again they said their vows, kissed the bride and again took pictures!! It was really interesting to hear about the cultural differences in marriage. Many Balinese believe in elopement. Marriage by
Sarah and Dave Wilson WeddingSarah and Dave Wilson WeddingSarah and Dave Wilson Wedding

This was taken as they were walking out of the chapel....I was so excited I got to throw rose petals!!!!!!!
elopement has another advantage apart from being exciting and mildly heroic it's cheaper 😊 but ceremony wise, it's quite similar. Many talk of the blessing of marriage...and of course afterward, the kiss and the pronouncement!

Sarah and Dave walked out of the chapel to a whole lot of us ladies throwing rose petals! It was fabulous...and the evening of festivities was even more fabulous! We headed to one of the villas and let me tell you it was out of this world! Huge....layout, the living area was all open with a gigantic high ceiling, beautiful bathroom and bedrooms and an enormous pool filled with floating candles and roses. We had such an amazing evening meeting new people, eating great food and of course the night wouldn't have been complete without all of us, including Dave and Sarah, jumping into pool, all of us fully clothed in our wedding attire!!!!!!

I found out later the next day that all of my photos taken from our new Lumix camera had disappeared! I was completely devastated. Had no idea why or where they went, but I knew there were atleast 100 photos from the night....more about this later though!

It
Beautiful Bride and Flower girlBeautiful Bride and Flower girlBeautiful Bride and Flower girl

Sarah and her flower girl danced after she and Dave walked through the line up. The impending storm was definitely brewing in the sky!
was definitely a beautiful wedding that we felt so blessed to have been able to attend and share in all the festivities!!!




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Kunja Villa #19 PoolKunja Villa #19 Pool
Kunja Villa #19 Pool

Oh it was soooo beautiful! Later, filled with many fully dressed wedding guests!


Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0455s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb