Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Seminyak
March 7th 2007
Published: March 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Well last time I wrote i was in Phi Phi, we left there and went onto Phuket on 3rd of March. However when we were on the boat waiting for the boat to leave I remembered that i hadnt emptied the safe in our hotel room which had the tickets, passports, money, mp3 player and everything in (not a smart move). So James volunteered to get off the boat go back and get my stuff out of the safe then catch the next boat to Phuket - I now double check the safe whenever i leave somewhere!

While in Phuket the girls convinced me to go to the doctors about my sunburn because my leg and foot were so swollen and i had big blisters around my ankle so it made it difficult to walk. She gave me an injection (yes i checked that the needle came out of a packet), and then drained the blisters (not pleasant). She then bandaged my foot up for a couple of days and gave me 3 different pills to take 3 times a day. Anyway i did all that and now my foot and legs are back to their normal size they are not back to their normal colour though they are kind of purple/red where the skin has been burnt - looks extremely attractive!

We only stayed in Phuket for one night before we caught a flight to Singapore. Singapore seemed so nice after being in Thailand. Dont get me wrong we really enjoyed Thailand but when we got to Singapore it was so clean, there were fixed prices so you didnt have to argue before you got in a taxi, and the people were so friendly and spoke very good English. It was like a smaller, friendlier and much cleaner version of London. All the electrical equipment is cheap there so they had loads of shops like that. We went to Sentosa Island in Singapore which is almost like one big theme park, you get to it by cable car which was pretty cool, we went to an underwater world where i stroked stingrays and bamboo sharks, and i even saw a Nemo fish - they are so cute and small. We went to see the dolphin show, and the musical fountain so it was a pretty full day.

But we are now in Bali, we arrived about 1am this morning, didnt have anywhere to stay so the taxi just took us to some appartments he said were good, and it was good the bathroom was amazing it had 2 showers, a huge separate bath and was about the same size as the actual bedroom. But it was a little over our budget so we spent last night there and this morning found a hotel down the road which is nearer the restaurants and bars and it is cheaper. Although it is far away from roughing it because they are big rooms with private bathrooms and a pool, bar, restaurant everything really - so it is pretty good. Today we have just been having a look around and found a cool bar that has a free pool table, dvds you can just put on, and it was mega cheap!
It is VERY hot here although we did have a few drops of rain and the wind is picking up so hoping we dont have a storm.

Advertisement



7th March 2007

Sunburn
You poor thing, Deb. Ouch! Hope you feel better soon and that you enjoy Bali. Love from us all. XXXXX
8th March 2007

sunburn
Hey guys!!!! oh my god bless u deb that sounds real painful!!! hope ur feeling better....glad to hear ur all having a wiked time, weather is picking up here, even had an icecream today....sorry to tell ya that!!! hehe. hows sarah doing?? hope she's not 2 burnt like u!!! that was nice of james....glad to hear he's looking after u all!! take care all love ya loads xxx
12th March 2007

Please be careful
hi Debs, Please be careful, I am so sorry to see and hear about your sunburn, that really sucks. I hope you get better soon ickle one. xXx take care

Tot: 0.186s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb