A Trip to the Hospital for Kyla


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
May 15th 2017
Published: May 15th 2017
Edit Blog Post

In my last blog I described getting off the island of Nusa Lembongan just to be close to medical care if Kyla's fever spiked. Each morning it would be close to normal, lulling us into thinking she was almost better, but by late afternoon it would come back. Tired of playing the waiting game, we told ourselves that we'd take her to a doctor in the morning, whether she had a fever or not.



Next morning rolled around and she had no fever. We were torn. It's hard to take a kid to see the doctor when they seem fine, but chances are her fever would reappear in the afternoon again, when it was too late to face battling traffic to get to the hospital. In the end we decided to get a driver for the day and do some touristy things and some shopping errands in the vicinity of the Australian-run BIMC hospital in the glitzy manicured tourist area of Nusa Dua. Sure enough, lunch time rolled around and Kyla started to look glassy eyed and lethargic. We swiped her forehead with the thermometer and found she was running a fever again. We jumped into our taxi and within five minutes we were walking through the hospital doors. After filling out some paperwork we were instantly seen into a room and checked out by a nurse. The doctor soon followed and ordered some blood work. Poor Kyla, it took them two tries to get the blood flowing. She's never been good with needles but she took it like a champ, staying as still as possible. A band-aid at the end helped immensely, but not as much as the cool-looking lollipop that magically appeared from my bag!



We then spent two hours hanging out in the western-style shopping center down the road, waiting for the results to come back. We got some ice cream and then went shopping for new sandals for Jake as he's been wearing Kyla's old thin pink ones. Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the hospital. The results all came back negative, showing no virus or bacteria. I guess that was good news, but we'd been hoping to find a root cause so we could treat it. Now we felt as if we were back to square one, minus $300!



Over the next
Soft play centerSoft play centerSoft play center

Kyla's pink and purple house with matching car and outfit!
few days, Kyla's afternoon fever got less and less. We were able to actually go out for dinner (as opposed to eating supermarket food in the room) and even went to a kids' indoor play center and a cool sculpture cafe. Finally we are ready to get back on a speedboat to Nusa Lembongan tomorrow. The only problem is that my throats is killing me... I hope I'm not next! ?



*** Scroll down for more pictures ***


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Love these Balinese flagsLove these Balinese flags
Love these Balinese flags

(Big Corner Cafe)
Playground!Playground!
Playground!

(Big Corner Cafe)
Colorful lunch spotColorful lunch spot
Colorful lunch spot

(Big Corner Cafe)
Love this lollipop tree!Love this lollipop tree!
Love this lollipop tree!

(Big Corner Cafe)


Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0383s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb