the promised blog..


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
June 30th 2008
Published: June 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

sorry this will be rushed, as this internet cafe is ffing expensive and im feeling poor.
everythign in bali is at least 4x the price of yogya. its still semi cheap but i cant get used to it and am refusing to eat until its for 20c again. haha oh do i miss yogya...
we're staying in this amaazzing expensive place in sanur that pols grannies wanted to pay for - its full of really rich europeans, who arent very friendly. we get a free breakfast - they literally cook you anything! today we had fruit, coffee, tea, crossaints, omlettes.. argh im still full. we visited Tanah lot today! it was crowded but beautiful - its a huge island temple but you cant go inside because its crumbling. the heat here is less intense but poor mrs pol has retired for a nap. its very tiring sitting by the pool, walking 10 metres to the beach and watching hot germans playing soccer all day long! oh we also occasionally get massages, thats really tough.
erm my diary has become really crap lately cos ive just been too busy/inebriated.
ive also lost so many english words and spelling so please do forgive. pol and i just speak in polly talk which is not even close to english so.. soz.
erm yeah my last week in yogya i was feeling really sad cos i knew it was coming to an end - but i DEFinately made the msot of it.. i finished work on the thursday after my tv debut! i had to be there by 7am and was made all pretty/weird looking by the makeup girl. she couldnt speak english and i had forgotten to wash my hair (haha) so i looked very odd. i had been out drinking the night before so she had to speand like 30 mins under my eyes, covering them in an inch of makeup so i didnt look dead!
the presenting was actuaLLY so easy - i just read from a telepromter, in english. however the english was really shocking, the grammer was all over the place so from time to time i messed up beacuse my mouth just couldnt say the wrong grammer quick enough. the scariest part was it was live so they couldnt cut it out! i could get the hang of it so easily if i did it more often. ill try get the dvd up on utube but i need to find a cheaper internet cafe. the other night the public relations guy said i could have a job at yogya tv if i wanted it, that the "doors were always open". however its so hard to foreigners to work in indo, the govt makes the companies pay heaps to sponser people so i doubt itll happen...😞 i may try when i get home though, towards the end of the year for a few months. that night was my informal farewell party and a chance to take polly out in yogya with the boys. i think it was fun.
on friday, my LAST DAY in yogya, i spent the day waiting around.. we had to get to yogya tv at 9 to say thankyou and be all gracious however i wasnt feelnig the best so i couldnt follow the convo very well and i dont think i looked very gracious..😞 but oh well. we then had to go pick up some new interns from the airport, they're plane was delayed so we waited hours and hours.. v boring. i was also in the yogya radar newspaper the other day - beacuse i made friends with this journalist and he was interested as not many 18 yr old females travel indo alone. so yeah im double famous now.
hmm then that night was my proper going away party and a few people came from yogya tv, as well as all the people from the program. it was very lovely. we had really hot beef from cowmad. we then went out to this tiny coffee house, the boys new the owners so they served us illegally strong kahluah in teapots, and we played messy card games. we then went to this FREAKING INSANE club. i didnt even know it existed. it was like a rave in a hugeware house with people dancing in the dark on these big pillars and oh god it was sooo fun, i danced on stage until 4am. oh the pain but it was wonderful. there was like 300 people there! WOW. im really sorry this blog is so crappily written and rushed but i should go... im getting eyes from germans wanting my computer.
lovvee you aaaaaalll bubyee
xx





Advertisement



8th July 2008

alice you write so much! when i blog its like once a week and ive already forgotten half of the stuf ive done, this is like encyclopdic! anyway i love raves aswell, i think everyother country ive been to clubs harder than melbourne, well the bay
9th July 2008

haha arrgh it will be so hard going back home where the most exciting night of the weeks is jacks.. ow gosh. cringe. lets not think about it! xx

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0695s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb