Week 1 - Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Sanur
September 30th 2007
Published: September 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The full story of our week in bali....



After arriving at midnight we picked up our bags and met our guide (James) out the front of the airport. He took us to our hotel where we checked in. By this point we had been awake for about 34+ hours, so, you would of thought we were ready to hit the sack. Nah! got a beer out the fridge and headed to the lobby and toasted the start of our travels.

Sunday

Awoke at 11am after a well needed sleep, too late for breakfast so we hit the pool for some sunbathing... yeah! Pool isn't heated at all, but after laying in 34 degrees for an hour its very welcoming.

Monday

Pretty much the same, dinner in the pool side bar with a bottle of red vino 😊 Oh yeah got sunburn today.

Tuesday

Caught the shuttle from the hotel into Sanur main shopping area which isn't all that amazing, so we decided to walk down to the beach. Security guy at the shopping centre gate said 500m down the road... my arse it was more like 2 miles, but hey not like we are
Wave at SanurWave at SanurWave at Sanur

Good Surf spot
in a rush. Surf was amazing as there was a reef about 800m out so the actual beach had calm waves. We didn't bother swimming so we caught the shuttle back from the beach to the hotel. Yep you guessed it, sunbathing at the pool.

Wednesday

Up bright and early 7am for breaky, got picked up at 8am by a nice taxi guy and we headed into the hills. This was all in aid of our one excursion in Bali which consisted of White water rafting (hence the hills) Grade 3 rapids but due to it being end of the dry season the water was quite low so was more like a grade 2. Seeing as i have never done it before it was a good starting river. LOADS of fun our guide at the back of the raft really made the most of it throwing us around and slamming us into rocks. I had a little Japanese girl sat in front of me and at one point she went flying and had i not grabbed here she would of gone overboard (call me Super-Laz) Many parts of the river were calm and slow which gave us some time to enjoy the scenary and have a breather. All-in-all amazing fun, apart from the million steps we had to walk up after, which nearly gave me a heart attack. Free lunch at the top though so i was happy.

We then headed to a temple which for the life of me i can't remember then name of, all i know is it translates into english as Pretty Garden or something. Nice place but im not really one for temply type stuff.

Whereas the next place was right up my street. MONKEY FOREST!!!! hell yeah. The monkies were a small cousin of the baboon and were really cool. They also had fruit bats in the trees.

Finally we went to a place on the west coast just north of Kuta called Tanuh Lot, which is home of the Sunset temple. We arrived there around 3pm and didn't want to have to wait until 6pm for the sunset so just took a load of pics and headed home for the day.

The rest of the week consisted of pool and sunbathing, which really was all we went to Bali to do. Caught our plane Sunday evening and arrived in Sydney at 7am Monday morning......


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

White Water RaftingWhite Water Rafting
White Water Rafting

Cold but funny
TempleTemple
Temple

Unlucky ladies
TempleTemple
Temple

Tag doing her meditation
Monkey ForestMonkey Forest
Monkey Forest

Fruit bats
Tanuh LotTanuh Lot
Tanuh Lot

Sunset Temple
Monkey ForestMonkey Forest
Monkey Forest

Wouldn't believe how scared she was in this pic lol


Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb