Nusa Lembongan


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Lembongan
July 22nd 2010
Published: July 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Nusa Lembongan


Nusa Lembongan (7/6/2010 to 10/6/2010)

Our last trip in Indonesia was to Nusa Lembongan Island. It takes about an hour to get there by ferry from Bali. We went with Andy's brother Mike and by strange coincidence, bumped into mates from Perth at the ferry terminal in Bali. We knew they were in Bali but had no way to contact them and had tried searching for them at their hotel with no luck. Nusa lembongan is known for its surf, diving and seaweed farming... thats right, they actually farm seaweed!! At high tide the seaweed is covered by water but on low tide the water disappers revealing a patchwork of seaweed paddocks at various spots around the island. The seaweed is farmed for cosmetic and medicinal purposes.

The day we arrived we all hired scooters and had a look around the island. Dini and I also booked 2 scuba dives. We thought the diving was good in the Gili islands but Nusa lembongan is even better!! All of the coral is untouched and there seemed to be more varieties than in Gili Trawangan. We were going to see Manta rays but the weather was too rough the next day
Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Boys from perth
to get to the spot to see them, but we had a good time anyway.

There a three surf breaks on Nusa lembongan, Playgrounds, Lacerations and Shipwrecks. Playgrounds is a fun left and right hander (left better) which barrrels on the right tide, Lacerations is a short shallow right hand barrel over sharp coral and lives up to its name but i dont know anything about shipwrecks except that it is a right hander. It just so happened that the surf was great while we were there but our only downfall was that we were all so hung-over every morning that we were useless out in the surf (well thats my excuse anyway). Honestly though, it was so hard to get a wave because there were about 10 young indo kids that live on Nusa Lembongan who surf almost as good as Kelly Slater and they dont even give you a look in on any of the waves. They literally take all the waves with no guilt! I ended up getting some great waves when the indo kids moved and i know Mike got some awesome barrels on his boognut(Bodyboard)!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

Room with a view. Could have done without the steps on the way up though!!
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

Filling up the scooters.
Photo 12Photo 12
Photo 12

Scooter bridge connecting Lembongan island to Ceninghan island.
Photo 14Photo 14
Photo 14

Seaweed farming
Photo 15Photo 15
Photo 15

Low tide
Photo 16Photo 16
Photo 16

Mike Lawry!!
Photo 17Photo 17
Photo 17

The bar
Photo 18Photo 18
Photo 18

This is Steve. Good Bloke... he proposed to his fiance on this day... she said yes and we had a party that night at one of the bars.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb