Day 10 - Seeing and Doing


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Dua
January 16th 2017
Published: January 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

When you travel you can either see things or do things and today was to be a nice mixture of both.

We had planned to go to Turtle Park today to see some wild turtles, or at least that is what the brochure would have us believe. After trying to contact the water sport team for about 30 minutes we had basically given up on the idea however, when we went down to the beach we ran into one of the guides that we had spoken to yesterday who told us that we could still make a tour. Because we had thought that we couldn't go today, Pamela had gone to make other enquiries and was nowhere to be found. After a frantic search of the grounds we found her and then headed to reception to catch the shuttle to the boat launch.

It was only a 10 minute trip there and before we knew it we were on a boat and heading to Turtle Park which was about 15 minutes away. We arrived to find about 50 other boats on the shore and hundreds of other people wandering around. Clearly the brochure had used some nicely staged photographs to make it seem like this was some wild and remote destination that only a privileged few had access to. In actual fact this was essentially a turtle breeding program as part of a conservation effort. We got to get up close and personal with a number of turtles as well a some other animals. Kids were a little shocked at how the animals were housed but, at least they were releasing turtles back into the environment each year so I guess their work is paying off.

The reason for the hurry to get there in the first place is that we wanted to get back to do an in-house photography course run by the resort. It was a nice introduction to the elements of photography that the kids enjoyed.

After a quick swim we then turned up for the Balinese cooking class. We were too late to get a seat but got to eat a very nice fish salad prepared by the chef. Very simple and something that we might attempt at home.

We had considered going to a show outside the resort but the weather turned and we ended up staying in and having dinner here instead. something for another night.

A busy day with a little for everyone thrown in

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0796s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb