Day 8 - Drink Please


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Dua
January 14th 2017
Published: January 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Today was one of those lazy days that you have on holidays. Everyone is basically well but probably fair to say we're tired from the heat and from being sick earlier in the trip.

We all had a decent buffet breakfast this morning and then took it in turns to either do an exercise class and a swim (Pamela and Emily) or a relax and a swim (Brett and Tom). Because of their time outside in the exercise class the girls are now quite pink from the sun despite taking precautions. Hopefully this settles overnight.

We had lunch basically on the beach but the humidity is making it uncomfortable to even sit down unless there is a breeze blowing.

Another swim after lunch and we then went for a walk to a nearby shopping centre to see what they had that might be of interest. Affordable food and spa treatments is the answer there. The resort is lovely but very expensive. Luckily the first half of the trip was very cheap as I think we'll make up for it here.

We went to the supermarket and got some noodle bowls for dinner. Kids were happy with that and it saved us about $100. We'll have a mix of resort meals and local market while we are here I suspect.

Pamela and I went to a cultural show in one of the restaurants tonight and the kids stayed home. To be honest I wish I had too. It was a traditional dance and I didn't understand the story behind it or what was happening so it was all a bit weird really.

we will wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0544s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb