WE MADE IT!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Nusa Dua
November 22nd 2006
Published: November 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello Friends and Family! After a LOOONNNNNNG flight, we arrived safe and sound in Bali on Sunday night. You've got to be committed to coming to put yourself through the 23 hours of transit time to get here. We didn't succeed in being upgraded to Business Class but managed ok with the upper deck seat in the exit row, which gave Darrell lots of leg room. Nothing helped me to squeeze my size 12 butt in the size 6 seats though!

The first thing you notice is the heat, man is it hot here! It's even hot for the locals! The humidity is so high too that my hair is like one big frizz ball all the time! The hotel we're at is absolutely stunning, it's called Le Meridian. It's right on the ocean front but there's no beaches, it's all cliffs with big waves pounding constantly.

The grounds are meticulously landscaped with a multi-tiered swimming pool with slides and water falls. I just love it! It's just what I imagined paradise would be like. It's a little off the beaten track, so it's not close to any of the busy areas. That's just what we needed for these first few days, just rest and relaxation.

The people here are so friendly, they're all super polite and happy. The service is impressive even if it's a little slow sometimes. Everything is in Bali time they call it, just a nice slow pace of life.

Darrell spent yesterday touring hotels in the area with his business connections here while I treated myself to a Balinese massage and a yoga class too which was fun cause it was just me and the teacher.

I couldn't get to the internet until now cause there was a huge thunderstorm two nights ago that took out some power etc. Darrell said he'd never heard thunder that loud in his life, but somehow I managed to sleep right through it. I was tired!

This morning we golfed our first game and it was so much fun in spite of the heat and humidity. The scenery is absolutely stunning! These little Bali caddys accompany us, they know the course so well, it's great. We both golfed a pretty good game too!

Tomorrow we check out of this hotel and head to another one for the next 10 days which is located more in the hub of the activity. Darrell's connections are sending us to a Balinese cooking class and a spa treatment after that. Should be fun. I'll write again as soon as I can.



Advertisement



22nd November 2006

wow
that sounds like a nice place, take lots of pictures, and oh the important question: who won at golf? lol

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb