Indonesia- Bali tour- Island of the gods


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Lovina
March 12th 2008
Published: March 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok Its wednesday here and the last few days have been super busy.


On the Saturday night we met our group (in ubud) lil disappointed as most of the people were well over 40 (minus lillie and clare) but everyone seems nice so we was happy. There is John who is an aussie who actually looks like locke from lost, and also acts very much liek him. There is jayne and inge who have taken it apon themselves to be mine and nathans mothers for the next two weeks. There is bonnie who is an american living in japan who looks like the bucket woman from that show, and clare and lillie who are two english girls who we seem to have a alot in common with. On the first night of meeting we go to a night market which was really busy and have some cheap and very nice indonesian food and head back to the hotel. We play cards for a while then head to bed.

Sunday is the first offical day and we went on a morning walk through the village. There are so many stray dogs which live on the street around,all barking at us. You feel the need to go up and stroke them but obviously are unsure on what they have disease wise so we kinda let them be. The afternoon we decided to do water rafting down some fairly big rocks for 2 hours with John. This was probably the best thing i've done. It was relaxing to do but at the same time really exciting. I fell outta by seat a good few times before relising there was a foot whole on the raft :-(. It was quite funny as me and nathan were at the front doing no work whilst the trainer and john did all the donkey work. In the end the trainer was instructing john what to do whilst we sat back and did very little, which seemed to work very well. Afterwards we got a big lunch and headed back to the hotel. At the hotel we found out lillie and clare was dropping off the course which was abit disheartening. After dinner they came running up to us saying there was a rat in there room. TBH it was in the floor boards abover there head so probably in our room, and we hung out with them for a few hours before they left the day after.

The day after was the cycle ride to sinnaman. I can't cycle sadly (i have been out and tried) so i sat in the bus doing a royal wave for a few hours. The cycle ride looked soooo tiring and afterwards everyone looked so tired. So im glad i didnt do it :-). Later we went to a monkey zoo where loads of monkeys came up to us and climbed over us. We got some excellant pictures of this and we fed alot of them. I enjoyed feeding the smaller monkeys which seemed to anger the leader monkey alot. In the evening the group hung out again and we had an indonesian style picnic and john got pretty drunk. He was quite amusing going up to a french family only to come back a minute later saying they didnt liek him.

The Tuesday was soo rubbish. We did a walk which lasted maybe 3/4 hrs. Combining in the fact we had to climb through marshland and balance on little paths over a water drop wasnt good. Bad turned to worst when i was balancing my camera fell into the lake and the leader maman who were getting on really well with jumped in after it. Luckily the memory card is good, but the camera seems broke :-(. After 2 hours of the walk i had really had enough and i was soo hot. Then we had to walk uphill for an hour to see a hindu temple. God i wished i had gone back, such a waste of time, purely because i didnt understand the temples and the leader didnt explain what they were. On the way back we all jumped into a river which felt so good and went back to the hotel were staying in. Me and Nathan played some badmington (i lost :-() and then had some food. Nathan had decided to do the mountain treck where you had to get up for 3am i refused to do so as i didnt feel i was able to complete it.

Today is wednesday and im in lovina heading to somewhere (nt sure where). Im pretty good minus a huge red back, and a range of bruises i have had on my back for 2 weeks now. Indonesia is really nice and im hoping the next few days will be good.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb