Another month in Bagus Bali!!!!


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Legian
February 10th 2010
Published: February 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well its been over 1 more month spent in Bali to get away from the wet season in Darwin!!!
We have had more visitors come to visit us and still await for more!!! It was very busy over the silly season so we stayed in alot and only went out if we had to but come the first week of Jan it started to get quiet again, so we started going for day trips again.

1 we went on was to Turtle Island which was really just a boat ride to another beach which had turtles and a few other animals that we got to handle, Axel loved handelling the turtles!!!!
We also went to a beach called Dreamland, we had been here the first time we came to bali together which was 3 years ago and it looked totally diff!!!!! The first time it was full of old wooden beach shacks for all the local surfers and even had a surf school called "DR Ding Surf School" and this time it has a 5***** hotel there with a pool overlooking the ocean!!! All of the shacks had been knocked down for the huge resort to be put up.
We checked out a place called Bali Rock Bar which we wanted to take mum and dad when they were here for drinks (but never got around to it) which had a bar that was on a cliff face over looking the ocean, we had been told that they has awesome sunsets!!
Also went to the Tanah Lot Temple for a sunset, bit diff from what i remembered when i went with mum and dad about 20 years or so ago but still very pretty!!!
Our last trip which we did just the other day to Kintamani to see the Volcanoe was......interesting!!!!! when we left it was a bright sunny day so we thought great day for a road trip!!! We left just after 10 and got home after 4!!!!!!! we almost made it there when it started to rain so we pulled over for a bit then started again when it lightened a bit, once we got there it was fine and when we left it was fine but about 10 mins down the road we could see BLACK clouds coming at us (by the way this was all done on the scooter!!) it then poored down and we were drenched as Axel was given the 1 and only rain coat to try and keep him warm and dry. After travelling for a while we looked down at Axel and noticed that he was asleep so i told Troy to pull ova cause i had to take a photo. Because of the wet roads we then took it easy as there was like a river running down the roads with us which explains why we got home at such a late hour.

We had a big break from when my Uncle and his family left to when my mum and dad arrived so once they got here it was full on!!! We hired a car while they were here so we could go where we wanted when we wanted!!! Troy HATED it because his soo used to the scooter, didn't mind driving and taking them places just the part where we were always stuck in traffic and trying to find parking places.

On the 1st day they got here we took them to the beach for foot scrub & massages and dad even lashed out and got his toe-nails clipped (cause he cant reach his toes these days) haha!!!
Me and mum went to a day spa for my 30th birthday and got massages which was awesome!!! (first time for mum)
Plenty of eating and drinking was done so me and Troy were pretty stuffed cause we had been used to the Indo way....Noodles!!!

Was very sad to see them go 😞 We drove them to the airport and had lunch then they took off back to Perth. There was alot of water works ...mainly on my behalf!!
Once we got back home i just burst into tears and informed him that i miss my family (yes you to Svilicic's) too much to be away from them any longer!!!! and that i don't think i will be able to live in QLD after all. So we had a LONG.....chat and come to the decision that we will continue our trip to QLD but from there we will keep on going and head back to WA (home).

I may have written a few things out of place as i keep forgetting what happened when but you get the idea!!!

Bye for now
Wests xoxo




Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Rock BarRock Bar
Rock Bar

This hotel had may pools heading down to the beach, this was the last one. Look up to thr top of the screen to see the bar over looking the ocean
Dreamland beachDreamland beach
Dreamland beach

If you look at the blue strip, thats the edge of the pool flowing over
My boysMy boys
My boys

In the pool overlooking the ocean
Foot massageFoot massage
Foot massage

This lady was checking out mums "garden" (any unwanted facial hair they call garden)
Our waiterOur waiter
Our waiter

Axel's photography


14th February 2010

Darwin to Bali
Hey there, seems like you are having a mad time. My mate and I are too heading from Darwin to Bali in early march for two weeks. Theres a MILLION choices on where to stay and we cannot seem to make up our mind. Any suggestions? I just came back from Thailand and we stayed in Guest Houses for like 5 bucks a night, dunno if we can trust the guest houses in bali though? Where are the best places to go in Bali? Should we give lombok and gilles islands a shot as well? If you don't have time to reply, no biggy.
14th February 2010

As for accom...yes there is plenty to choose from, why not just book into somewhere for 1 or 2 nights then when yr here look around for something betta??? I found Masa Inn (In poppies 1) good, cheap and central. Yes Lombok and Gilli are great places to visit but the locals say that if you go to Gilli you gotta stay more than just the day!!!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb