Bali


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
May 10th 2014
Published: August 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So after our eventful journey the day before we hoped for an easier day travelling to Bali. It didn't happen. We got up at 6 and jumped on the first bus down to Probolingo, arrived and got on a local bus to the train station booked tickets and waited an hour for the train. Our spirits were high. The train was even on time which is a novelty for Asia! We got off at the end of the line and walked to the boat to cross over to Bali. We then sat on the boat for an hour waiting to dock. By the time we arrived it was dark. The last leg of the journey was a bus to Denpasar. It was horrendously slooooow! As it was a local bus it stopped every time there was somebody standing on the side of the road just in case they wanted to get on. This bus journey alone took 5 hours.

The next day we slept in.

Over the course of the next week we explored Bali. We went down to some of Bali's famous beaches and checked out the many surfers, went shopping and ate some pretty good food. Kev also enjoyed his first Indonesian beer, Bintang, which is only widely available in Bali.
Although the poorest country we have visited, the people of Indonesia are some of the friendliest we have met. Everyone wants to talk and of course take photos.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0728s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb