Kuta...Bali time! (29.08.12 - 02.09.12)


Advertisement
Indonesia's flag
Asia » Indonesia » Bali » Kuta
September 15th 2012
Published: September 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After the hidiously early start for our flight, we were finally on our way to Bali, all good! Until Rach started throwing up on the plane....good times! So on arrival in Kuta i spent the day in bed...or in the bathroom! Made it out for tea on the evening and that never stayed down. Then following this James stared too, so unfortunately we spent most of the first two days in Kuta laid up in bed, we think we both had some iffy food but from different places.

On the third day we were both feeling well enough to get ourselves down to the beach and just generally out for the day. Kuta's popular with surfers, and it's especially popular with those learning to surf. The beach is long, wide and sandy and the sea is pretty shallow to a long way out. The waves are big enough for the surfers to get up onto the board without throwing them straight off. I'd have loved to have had a lesson, but i wasn't feeling well enough to launch myself around in the sea. Still there might be time later in the trip to have a go. We even managed a couple of beers on the night. Its hard being ill in asia when all you want is comfort food!

We made the decision to stay one extra night...feeling we had really missed out on the Kuta experience!

Kuta's pretty westernised and it's mostly because Bali is massively popular with the Aussies. We knew all this before we went but we were still surprised by how many westerners there were, it felt quite like a spanish resort in a lot of ways. However Kuta is very much full of Aussies and although they know how to party, it had a much better vibe than some of the towns full of British teenagers trying to get hammered in Thailand!

Despite its size, there isn't much to do in Kuta other than lie on the beach or surf. Not that that's a bad thing. The beach faces west and the sunsets were a highlight, locals and tourists all flocked down to watch the sun go down.

Heading on to Gili Trawangan next which is promising to be a highlight. Yey another boat!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb